The Hustler - b58 17.jpg (1/1)

Old March 6th 07, 03:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_2_] Mitchell Holman[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default The Hustler - b58 17.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b58 17.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	7746
Old March 6th 07, 04:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Maple1

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old March 6th 07, 08:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lurker[_2_]

Default The Hustler - b58 17.jpg

ççççç__________çççççç

--
Lurker
/)/)
Old March 6th 07, 05:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Papa Fox

Looks like it has a bigger radome. Was this used to test some other
plane's radar? Maybe the F-111? P.

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 21:47:46 -0600, Mitchell Holman

Old March 6th 07, 05:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Papa Fox

Nevermind - a closer look and it doesn't appear different than any
other B-58. Sorry. P.

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 21:47:46 -0600, Mitchell Holman

Old March 6th 07, 07:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

When I went to Tucson a couple of year ago, I was amazed that I didn't any
of these in the Boneyards. There was several aircraft that where a little
older. But apart from the one at the Pima there wasn't any B58 Hustlers. I
suppose with all that high quality non space age metal the B58 was a good
target for melting and scrapping. As such the scrappers must have managed
to do their evil deeds 20 years earlier... In fairness the Hustler was from
an era when it was more fashionable to scrap it and melt it than preserve
it... Personally it was always one of my Favorites from that era. To me it
always looked mean and fast, yet with all those streamlined polished
surfaces also strangely elegant.

Andrew S

Old March 6th 07, 08:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dallas[_2_]

We still have one here at the Octave Chanute Museum In Rantoul Illinois at
the old Chanute AFB (now closed).
Ill have to see if I can dig up the pics I took of it.

"Andrew-S" I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I had-to-leave-for-bit.com wrote in
message ...

Old March 6th 07, 08:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Elliot

Dallas wrote:
[...]

There should be one at the museum at Offutt (sp?) AFB in Omaha, at least
there was one there in 1974.

--
Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics
German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics
French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by Italians.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart/albums/
Old March 6th 07, 08:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JD Cooper

Andrew-S wrote:

When I went to Tucson a couple of year ago, I was amazed that I didn't any
of these in the Boneyards. There was several aircraft that where a little
older. But apart from the one at the Pima there wasn't any B58 Hustlers. I
suppose with all that high quality non space age metal the B58 was a good
target for melting and scrapping. As such the scrappers must have managed
to do their evil deeds 20 years earlier... In fairness the Hustler was from
an era when it was more fashionable to scrap it and melt it than preserve
it... Personally it was always one of my Favorites from that era. To me it
always looked mean and fast, yet with all those streamlined polished
surfaces also strangely elegant.

Andrew S

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message

there's one at Lackland AFB.

JD
Old March 6th 07, 09:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Handyman special?

--
Geoff