Dart Powered Mustang and Piper Enforcer

Old January 28th 08, 10:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

Default Dart Powered Mustang and Piper Enforcer

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message
"TacAN" wrote in message

| "Dave Kearton" wrote in message
| TacAN wrote:
| I had been reading through a back issue of Australian Aviation

| Hey cool, I found my picture. I took this on holiday in '78 in
| Canberra.
|
| Cheers
|
| Dave Kearton
|

| Good one, Dave. :-))
| Thanks
|
| Graham

Well, cover me with honey and throw me to the lesbians .....

lol
Include me in!! :-))

Here's the second photo I took that day, found by the wife, under an
ancient pile of books in the 'spare' room.

You will have to suitably "reward" your dear lady. ;-)

I keep wondering if the critter ever actually flew with the Dart engine. So
far haven't any further info.
Daresay something will turn up one day.

Thanks again, Dave

Graham

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old January 28th 08, 10:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

TacAN wrote:
"Dave Kearton" wrote in message

Well, cover me with honey and throw me to the lesbians .....

lol
Include me in!! :-))

Here's the second photo I took that day, found by the wife, under
an ancient pile of books in the 'spare' room.

You will have to suitably "reward" your dear lady. ;-)

Oh well, if you insist....

We're doing the big clean-up. It's amazing the things that you find when
piling crap into the trailer for the trip to the dump.
Unfortunately, I've also found a lot of stuff I've replaced, believing them
to be lost.

I keep wondering if the critter ever actually flew with the Dart
engine. So far haven't any further info.
Daresay something will turn up one day.

It never flew Dart-wise, according to what I've heard. One would
imagine if it had flown, it would have been all over the mainstream media.

I can imagine 60 Minutes doing another 'Wings of Death' piece over it.

Thanks again, Dave

Graham

No probs.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old January 28th 08, 11:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Avsec

Thanks Dave. That brings back memories on my many trips to the Bush Capital.
There was a Beech Twin Bonanza parked nearby on the GA apron. Do you happen
to have a photo of it as well? Can't remember the rego.

Avsec

Old January 29th 08, 12:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Avsec wrote:
Thanks Dave. That brings back memories on my many trips to the Bush
Capital.

LOL - that reminds me of my trip there. I went north from Wangaratta,
through Adminaby, (hey, it's only an inch on the map as opposed to 2-3
inches through Cooma)

I was blown away, at 24Km south of the capital, that I was on a dirt road,
crossing cattle grids and I think I even had to go through a gate as well.

"The PM ? he's not around, he's shearin' this week in the south 40"

There was a Beech Twin Bonanza parked nearby on the GA
apron. Do you happen to have a photo of it as well? Can't remember
the rego.

Avsec

No, sorry, I can't remember what exactly drew me to the airport and
stumbled across the Mustang by accident. The original print doesn't
help much either.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old January 29th 08, 07:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

TacAN wrote:
"Dave Kearton" wrote in message

Well, cover me with honey and throw me to the lesbians .....

lol
Include me in!! :-))

Here's the second photo I took that day, found by the wife, under
an ancient pile of books in the 'spare' room.

You will have to suitably "reward" your dear lady. ;-)

Oh well, if you insist....

We're doing the big clean-up. It's amazing the things that you find
when
piling crap into the trailer for the trip to the dump.
Unfortunately, I've also found a lot of stuff I've replaced, believing
them
to be lost.

Ditto, I now finally after many years have access to all my books, magazines
photos and paraphenalia.
I'm in heaven :-)

Only took about 5 grand worth of TV and Display cabinet to allow me to get
extra space to move things around clearing a path to my long lost (behind
crap) bookshelves.

Old January 29th 08, 07:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Glenn wrote:
gee dave, that sort of Photo needs to be on a certain australian
website. :-)

Hmmmm, I wonder which one that is .....

Be my guest, it'll be in good company.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old January 29th 08, 11:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Mackenzie

"TacAN" wrote (in part):

Big snip

I keep wondering if the critter ever actually flew with the Dart engine. So
far haven't any further info.
Daresay something will turn up one day.

IIRC the owner/builder did not any progressive DOT (or whatever it was
then) checks, so it never got any kind of C of A.

Cheers,
Mike

--
Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

Old February 1st 08, 06:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Love to but it's no longer on this server.

I don't normally upload for other people but I would gladly in this case :-)
Can you email me it directly.

Thanks