Celebrity Pilots

Old February 22nd 05, 01:15 PM
tom418

Reeve flew a Piper Cheyenne also.
wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:
I know Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise are pilots,
but can you list any others?

Christopher Reeve was a glider pilot, don't know if he flew powered
aircraft as well.

Old February 22nd 05, 01:20 PM
tom418

William Hurt
I got to see him in person back in 1991, when he was taking his IFR
practical test at ISP (Long Islip MacArthur field).

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
While contemplating a "Celebrity Pilot's Suite" (or something like that) I
was just absent-mindedly searching the FAA database for movie stars, and
found this:
Name : JOLIE, ANGELINA
Airman's Address : 1990 S BUNDY DR
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025-5240
FAA Region : Western/Pacific
Date of Medical : Jun, 2004
Class of Medical : 3
Expiration of Class 3 privileges : Jun, 2007
Airman Certificates : Student Pilot
: Private Pilot (foreign based)
Airplane Single Engine Land
Any idea what the "Private Pilot (foreign based)" is all about? Does

this
mean she's certificated in other countries that our own FAA doesn't
recognize as legit?

I know Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise are pilots, but can you list any

others?

Anyone know how to get in touch with these folks? I presume the addresses
listed in the database really aren't where they live, but it would be fun

have pictures of each celebrity pilot in the suite, preferably
autographed...

Any ideas?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 22nd 05, 02:38 PM
Trent Moorehead

"Mike O'Malley" wrote in message

Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of Iron Maiden is an airline pilot (now

THAT's
a career change!)

And when the passengers find out who's piloting the aircraft, can you guess
what they scream?

"Run to the hills, run for your life!"

(That's one of Iron Maiden's biggest hits)

-Trent
PP-ASEL

Old February 22nd 05, 02:49 PM
Dick Meade

"Colin W Kingsbury" wrote in message
ink.net...

A google search of that address suggests it's a large office building.
Presumably her doctor, lawyer, or indian chief has a suite the

Semi-educated guess says this actually is her office. Suite 200. Chivan
Productions. Chivan is the middle name (or original last name) of her
adopted son Maddox. It is also the registered address for her SR-22. Give
it a whirl, Jay.

It's kind of surprising that nobody mentioned that a recent National
Enquirer had 4 pictures of her flying her plane. It mentioned that she was
returning to land "after a 4 hour lesson".

Before you all start, it's my wife who reads the Enquirer. I just look at
the pictures.

Old February 22nd 05, 04:45 PM
pickle

Jay Honeck wrote:

While contemplating a "Celebrity Pilot's Suite" (or something like that) I
was just absent-mindedly searching the FAA database for movie stars, and
found this:
Name : JOLIE, ANGELINA
Airman's Address : 1990 S BUNDY DR
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025-5240
FAA Region : Western/Pacific
Date of Medical : Jun, 2004
Class of Medical : 3
Expiration of Class 3 privileges : Jun, 2007
Airman Certificates : Student Pilot
: Private Pilot (foreign based)
Airplane Single Engine Land
Any idea what the "Private Pilot (foreign based)" is all about? Does this
mean she's certificated in other countries that our own FAA doesn't
recognize as legit?

I know Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise are pilots, but can you list any others?

That guy who played Worf in Star Trek TNG is certified
to fly jets.
Old February 22nd 05, 05:40 PM
Joe Feise

pickle wrote on 02/22/05 08:45:

That guy who played Worf in Star Trek TNG is certified
to fly jets.

That guy would be Michael Dorn.
Old February 22nd 05, 05:49 PM
Sylvain

Jay Honeck
Anyone know how to get in touch with these folks?

couple of things: the FAA makes it possible to provide a postal
address in addition to your residence address (which they insist
in having); it is the postal address that shows on your certificate
(thus protecting your privacy); I found out that the DMV in California
does the same thing by the way; moreover, there is a box somewhere
you can check (hmm, I don't remember where exactly, but last
time I changed my address online with the FAA it was an
option) that says you don't want either address to show on the
only registry which I did too, and I am not nearly as famous
as AJ :-) I am surprised her public FAA record shows any address
at all, and I would be even more surprised if it was her actual
residence.

but it would be fun to
have pictures of each celebrity pilot in the suite, preferably
autographed...

Any ideas?

yes, there are better hobbies than stalking celebrities, flying
for instance :-)

--Sylvain
Old February 22nd 05, 06:44 PM
Peter Duniho

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
[...]
That last sentence "a determination was made that he was not qualified
for any class of medical certificate at that time" doesn't leave much
wriggle room now, does it?

While he was (apparently) in violation of the terms of his medical
certificate (rendering it invalid), there's no indication whatsoever that
the FAA had actually suspended or revoked it.

Pete

Old February 22nd 05, 07:36 PM
Chris

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
While contemplating a "Celebrity Pilot's Suite" (or something like that) I
was just absent-mindedly searching the FAA database for movie stars, and
found this:
Name : JOLIE, ANGELINA
Airman's Address : 1990 S BUNDY DR
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025-5240
FAA Region : Western/Pacific
Date of Medical : Jun, 2004
Class of Medical : 3
Expiration of Class 3 privileges : Jun, 2007
Airman Certificates : Student Pilot
: Private Pilot (foreign based)
Airplane Single Engine Land
Any idea what the "Private Pilot (foreign based)" is all about? Does
this mean she's certificated in other countries that our own FAA doesn't
recognize as legit?

It means she has a certificate issued on the basis of a Foreign licence
which the feds DO see as legit. see FAR 61.75