What's the best venue to sell used aircraft parts?

Old October 4th 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rob Bulaga

Default What's the best venue to sell used aircraft parts?

I have some slightly used aircraft parts; i.e. Airmaster hub, rotary
engines, etc. I'm sure there's an opinion or two out there on where's
the best place to list these items for homebuilders to find them. Ebay
is obvious, but doesn't really cater to this audience. Other
suggestions?

Old October 4th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rich S.[_1_]

"Rob Bulaga" wrote in message
I have some slightly used aircraft parts; i.e. Airmaster hub, rotary
engines, etc. I'm sure there's an opinion or two out there on where's
the best place to list these items for homebuilders to find them. Ebay
is obvious, but doesn't really cater to this audience. Other
suggestions?

http://www.barnstormers.com/

Rich S.

Old October 5th 07, 05:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Rob Bulaga wrote:

I have some slightly used aircraft parts; i.e. Airmaster hub, rotary
engines, etc. I'm sure there's an opinion or two out there on where's
the best place to list these items for homebuilders to find them. Ebay
is obvious, but doesn't really cater to this audience. Other
suggestions?

Ebay is a Lousy choice!

I know of a classic aircraft, in beautiful shape, that barely got any
bids on ebay. This occurred within the last two months. Ebay is for
run-of-the-mill stuff.

EAA Aport Aviation, EAA Vintage, Trade-A-Plane are where you will find
the likely buyers.
Old October 5th 07, 08:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("Orval Fairbairn" wrote)
I know of a classic aircraft, in beautiful shape, that barely got any bids
on ebay. This occurred within the last two months. Ebay is for
run-of-the-mill stuff.

EAA Aport Aviation, EAA Vintage, Trade-A-Plane are where you will find the
likely buyers.

Also check out: AircraftOwner.com

http://www.aircraftowner.com
"AircraftOwner magazine is delivered monthly to more than 129,000 proven
aviation buyers. AircraftOwner’s readers are among the most active in
aviation – they buy everything! Simply put, AircraftOwner reaches more
owner/pilots than any other aviation marketing publication. We are the only
aviation marketing publication whose circulation is guaranteed and audited
by the Audit Bureau of Circulations. AircraftOwner magazine and
AircraftOwner.com are the place to buy and sell everything for aviation. We’re
glad you’re here!"

Montblack
What I'll be doing next Saturday - all day:
http://www.cornerhousemn.org/galaevent.html
Tours til 6pm
Quick dinner - in the back, with the caterering crew
Park cars til 9pm - for the Hangar Dance
Enjoy the music until midnight - while hanging out among the planes.

Old October 8th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Carl Orton

I could be wrong on this, since I'm only a sample size of one, but once I
sold my 172, Aircraft Owner stopped appearing in my mailbox. I.e., if you
already own an a/c, you get it, but if you don't, you don't get the mag,
either.

Carl

("Orval Fairbairn" wrote)

Old October 8th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("Carl Orton" wrote)
I could be wrong on this, since I'm only a sample size of one, but once I
sold my 172, Aircraft Owner stopped appearing in my mailbox. I.e., if you
already own an a/c, you get it, but if you don't, you don't get the mag,
either.

That is my understanding. The (FREE) magazine goes to owners of aircraft,
for the most part.

www.aircraftowner.com

Montblack

Old October 14th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
[email protected][_2_]

I could consider using both barnstormers and ebay concurrently.

If you list the part on barnstormers, and reference the item number on
ebay, you can generate the interest you need and sell the items using
the convenience and security of ebay.

Colin

http://www.jumprunenterprises.com

Old October 17th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rob Bulaga

Thanks, all. Your input is greatly appreciated and I will definitely list
some of my stuff at barnstormers.

Rob

Old April 12th 12, 05:26 AM
listav listav is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bulaga View Post

try http://listav.com - its much newer and really easy to navigate and free.