Used Aircraft pricing???

Old September 29th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
wise purchaser

Default Used Aircraft pricing???

Greetings!!

What is wrong with this picture???? when I see a Cessna 150 or
cessna 172 in various publications the price listed/ asked is WAY
OFF from Vref and NAAA. almost DOUBLE!

When I find an airplane that I may be intrested in it's almost
ALWAYS the same story : Lost Logs,( how are log's lost? ever notice it
seems to be ALWAYS the first log book???? the seller CLAIMS that the
airplane has 3,000 hours on it, never a trainer, but when you look at
the plane it look's as if it has been to Middle East flying Combat
missions or something: WORN OUT! ) Run out engine, damage history,
worn out Gyros, Junk radios, needs paint, original interior, Original
hoses, I Am amused that the seller is trying 'talk up" trying to
sluff off a 'top overhaul' as credit for some type of engine
'overhaul' when it's nothing more than a REPAIR! THATS ALL IT IS: A
REPAIR! nothing more! NO CREDIT! when you point that out they get
****ED! and go wild on you! demanding TOP dollar! for an airplane
with an engine that is over almost over or 500 hours from TBO!!

It appears that Ebay listed airplane's are closer to Vref and NAAA than
anything I have seen anywhere else!

You can see for yourself the ones 'over priced' or with some type of
high reserve price get almost no bids or any bids placed are Close to
Vref, NAAA values.

yet the ones priced close to Vref and NAAA get PLENTY of bids! I
have seen 20, 30 ,40 bids for one plane yet the next one listed gets
none ( Hi reserve price ; ALWAYSWAY OVER vref /NAAA )

I am watching EBay now as I know that's where I will get a FAIR price!

Comments????

Old September 29th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

So, what part of CAVEAT EMPTOR don't you understand?
If you think that the unwary getting skinned is limited to airplanes
try buying boats, or real estate...

denny

Old September 29th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Steve Foley[_1_]

"Denny" wrote in message
ps.com...
So, what part of CAVEAT EMPTOR don't you understand?
If you think that the unwary getting skinned is limited to airplanes
try buying boats, or real estate...

Or bridges...

Old September 29th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross Richardson[_2_]

Denny wrote:

So, what part of CAVEAT EMPTOR don't you understand?
If you think that the unwary getting skinned is limited to airplanes
try buying boats, or real estate...

denny

I'll second the boats. I was pretty familiar with boats and I could
believe what people would ask for their boat and then what I saw as I
crawled through it.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old September 29th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jon Kraus

Aren't you the same guy that was ready to jump on a C-150 for 28k with a
runout engine claiming you are getting ready to own again after 15
years, only to find out in another post that you already own a 150 with
a new engine?

When you look at C-150's or 172's you are astounded to find out that
they have been trainers? What planet are you frome Dude? Of course
they have been trainers...

Then you come across an owner of an overpriced piece of crap 150 adn you
let him go off on you instead of telling him to go pound sand?

Now, you are looking for planes on freakn' Ebay?

I almost think that you have to be kidding us with your stories... Maybe
you should rethink the "wise purchaser" title... Maybe McFly would be
more appropriate.. :-) Just my .002 AMU

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ UMP

Old September 29th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mark Hansen

On 09/29/06 08:25, Jon Kraus wrote:
Aren't you the same guy that was ready to jump on a C-150 for 28k with a
runout engine claiming you are getting ready to own again after 15
years, only to find out in another post that you already own a 150 with
a new engine?

When you look at C-150's or 172's you are astounded to find out that
they have been trainers? What planet are you frome Dude? Of course
they have been trainers...

Then you come across an owner of an overpriced piece of crap 150 adn you
let him go off on you instead of telling him to go pound sand?

Now, you are looking for planes on freakn' Ebay?

I almost think that you have to be kidding us with your stories... Maybe
you should rethink the "wise purchaser" title... Maybe McFly would be
more appropriate.. :-) Just my .002 AMU

Well, that's a pretty valuable opinion. Mine are usually only worth
about $0.02 or .00002 AMU ;-)

Of course, I guess when it comes to aviation, everything is more
expensive ;-)

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ UMP

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA
Old September 29th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jon Kraus

Dang it Mark!! I sure blew it on that one!! You are correct... At
least I got the McFly thing correct. :-)

Old September 30th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"Denny" wrote in message
ps.com...
So, what part of CAVEAT EMPTOR don't you understand?
If you think that the unwary getting skinned is limited to airplanes
try buying boats, or real estate...

Or bridges...

My guess is that Mr. "wise purchaser" Taggert is real familiar with bridges
(at least with living under one)...

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old October 2nd 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Doug[_1_]

Although each purchase is unique, the truth is small GA aircraft are
going for about 20-40% less than appraised value (such as the NAAA
evaluator on Trade a Plane's wesite). There are some exceptions. The
high cost of fuel and lack of booming economy has taken it's toll. The
upside to this is that a buyer can get quite a bargain right now.