Scottish Gliding Union 70th Anniversary Celebrations Saturday 10th July & Sunday 11th July 2004

Old June 2nd 04, 10:40 PM
bob jones

Default Scottish Gliding Union 70th Anniversary Celebrations Saturday 10th July & Sunday 11th July 2004

Scottish Gliding Union 70th Anniversary Celebrations
Saturday 10th July & Sunday 11th July 2004

The inaugural meeting of the Scottish Gliding Union took place in Glasgow on
Saturday 7th July 1934, and various events have been planned by the Board to
mark the 70th anniversary of our founding.

An inauguration ceremony for our new glider storage building will be held at
1130 hrs on Saturday 10th July. A number of our MP's, MEP's and local
Councillors have been invited, and we hope to be able to contact many former
members, particularly any who were involved with the erection of our old
hangar, to invite them to attend. If you are in contact with any of these
people, please let them know about it, and inform Brian Cole-Hamilton if
they would like to come.

On the Saturday afternoon, any guests who wish to fly will be given priority
on our two-seaters.

The BGA Gliding Simulator will be on site all weekend.

On the Saturday evening, there will be a ceildh or dance in the clubhouse.
Admission, and supper, will be free to members, their families and friends.

On Sunday 11th July, all two-seater flying will be given over to Family and
Friends flights at normal club rates, and the normal day membership fee will
be waived for this day only. If you are not family & friends qualified,
instructors will be provided!

It is also our intention to have cross-country tasks set, weather
permitting, on one or both days, but a suitably experienced person is
required to organise this - any volunteers?