Aircraft Loans

Old September 9th 03, 01:06 PM
Stu Gotts

Jason;
I think the problem is that there is so much **** being hurled on
these groups that sane folks see a need to try to put a sock in it.
It seems that whatever some people read on the internet, they tend to
believe. I've seen people ask critical questions about operation,
engine rebuilding tips, rigging procedures, etc., and they haven't a
clue as to who is responding. I've also called upon vast practical
knowledge to respond to those in need with actual facts and have been
criticized by those who feel they must show superiority and closure.
Fact is, your post, although sent with all the best intentions, was
ridiculous.

Now the best thing to do is to stop your crying, don't take it
personally and move on. In a week nobody will remember it. Should
you not take that advice, you will be known as a troll and the folks
that responded to you will realize they've been had all along!

Blue Skies

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 03:08:11 GMT, "Jason M"
wrote:

This is pointless... Sarcasm, name calling, abuse??? So do you treat all
fellow aviators the same when they share advice that you don't understand
the first time they say it? I usually just say something like "What, could
you explain please?" That usually works for me, and then in the future they
offer more advice... If I decided to resort to your methods I doubt I'd have
any friends and I know people wouldn't offer me any advice again... That's
my opinion... You obviously have your own, and that's cool with me...

"Kyler Laird" wrote in message
"Jason M" writes:

Somone might be looking for airplane advice... People call him all the

time
to ask if "whatever" plane is a good deal or "is it worth it..."

There's nothing wrong with getting advice from many different people...

found a guy who is an excellent resource for advice on money and
airplanes... SO I DECIDED TO SHARE IT.... The rest is up the readers as

if they want to use the resource or not, and then, of course they can

decide
if it's a good resrouce...

Really?! Thank you! For awhile there I was fairly sure that we all
have to accept the opinion of anyone posting to Usenet. Now I know I
can decide on my own. How empowering!

So I don't see why this had to turn into anything more than the single

post
it began as...

It was because your post was dumb. Post something dumb on Usenet and
someone is likely to call you on it. Someone did. Then you whined about
it... I hate dumb whining so I jumped in. Keep coming up with dumb stuff
to say and maybe we can get others to join.

If you really want people to believe that flight instructors/examiners
are the ones to seek when financing a plane, you've got some explaining
to do. If you want to apologize for not expressing what you intended in
the original message, get to it. This is not the way.

Oh, by the way, my dogs fly with me all the time so if you're considering
overhauling your engine or upgrading your avionics, make sure to give 'em
a call.

--kyler

Old September 9th 03, 01:19 PM
Kyler Laird

"Jason M" writes:

This is pointless... Sarcasm, name calling, abuse???

No, just sarcasm. Do you need help reading my posts?

If I decided to resort to your methods I doubt I'd have
any friends and I know people wouldn't offer me any advice again...

Yeah, if this is the best you've got to share, I can see how people
would find little value in hanging out with you.

That's
my opinion... You obviously have your own, and that's cool with me...

Whew! I'm sure happy to know that it's o.k. with you. (That was
sarcasm. If you want to see name calling and abuse, you'll have to
catch me at a bad hour or wander into rec.aviation.homebuilt.)

--kyler
Old September 9th 03, 02:21 PM
Kyler Laird

Stu Gotts writes:

Oh, by the way, my dogs fly with me all the time so if you're considering
overhauling your engine or upgrading your avionics, make sure to give 'em
a call.

Please ask one of the mutts if, when I get the new big bore
Continental, I should just ****can the cylinders and get Millenniums
or if I should just remove them and have them gone over by a shop that
has a bit of credibility. I'd be interested in hearing what they bark
out.

Sorry, all I got out of them on the subject was a lot of whining. Heck,
you could have gotten that out of Jason M.

I say you should overhaul half of them and get Millenniums for the other
half.

Maybe you should ask a flight examiner.

--kyler