ATC Handling of Low-Fuel American Flight

Old March 1st 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll

Default ATC Handling of Low-Fuel American Flight

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
t...

I believe the closest would have been Love based on the point at which he
mentioned the fuel problem. This has already been addressed in this thread
so I suspect you already knew that Matt.

How does the distance to DFW compare to the distance to DAL from that point?

I'm not condoning what ATC did or how they responded, but like the UK
pilot that continued on single-engine across the pond I wonder why AA
continued on past a suitable airport once they knew they had a problem.
That's all I'm questioning.

He continued on with three engines, not one.

Old March 1st 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Tim

Mxsmanic wrote:
Tim writes:

What did you get on the FAA (written) knowledge test? How was your
instrument checkride?

I haven't taken the test, nor have I taken any checkrides.

What's that you say? Didn't take either of them?

Right. Of course, even people who do well on them had not taken them before
they took them.

So, then, how can you make a claim that you know more about real IFR
flying than others posting to this newsgroup? How do you demonstrate
knowledge (or lack of it in your case) to support your claim?
Old March 2nd 07, 08:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Tim writes:

So, then, how can you make a claim that you know more about real IFR
flying than others posting to this newsgroup?

I've made no such claim, but I'm sure there are people on this group who know
less about IFR than I do.

How do you demonstrate knowledge (or lack of it in your case)
to support your claim?

I occasionally answer questions, when I have the answers.