Depleted Uranium -- the U.S. military and tactical nuclear weapons ...

Old February 4th 05, 08:48 AM
SecQrilious

Default Depleted Uranium -- the U.S. military and tactical nuclear weapons ...

Depleted Uranium -- the U.S. military and tactical nuclear weapons ...

http://southmovement.alphalink.com.a...r/depleted.htm

http://www.heureka.clara.net/gaia/du.htm

http://traprockpeace.org/depleteduranium.html

http://www.firethistime.org/du.htm
Old February 4th 05, 09:12 AM
ButtPirate John Wayne Gacy

SecQrilious" wrote...
Depleted Uranium -- the U.S. military and tactical nuclear weapons ...

http://southmovement.alphalink.com.a...r/depleted.htm

http://www.heureka.clara.net/gaia/du.htm

http://traprockpeace.org/depleteduranium.html

http://www.firethistime.org/du.htm

What I want to know is how the U.S. reconciles its indiscriminate littering
of other countries with depleted uranium with its recent hysteria that
says that all radioactivity is an act of terrorism.

In other words, the thousands if not millions of depleted uranium shells we
litter Afghanistan, Iraq, and other countries are perfectly "safe" and pose
no threat to health whatsoever, yet at the same time we have lined our
borders with radiation detectors which alert at even the tiniest fraction
of the radioactivity of a single depleted uranium shell. In fact, just
the other day the newspaper carried a story about how Americans undergoing
radiation treatment for cancer could trigger the detectors and how they
should carry documentation of their treatment to prove they're not
terrorists. So according to the U.S. government, thousands of radioactive
depleted uranium shells (which are also a toxic heavy metal aside from
their radioactivity) are "harmless," but someone with trace amounts of
radioactive iodine in their bloodstream to treat thyroid cancer is a
terrorist.

Old February 4th 05, 04:46 PM
Charlie Wolf

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 09:12:25 GMT, "ButtPirate John Wayne Gacy"
wrote:

SecQrilious" wrote...
[...]

Does the word "depleted" mean anything to you dumbass???
Regards,

Old February 4th 05, 06:07 PM
Harry Andreas

In article , Charlie Wolf
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 09:12:25 GMT, "ButtPirate John Wayne Gacy"
wrote:

SecQrilious" wrote...
[...]

Please don't feed the Troll.

--
Harry Andreas
Engineering raconteur
Old February 4th 05, 08:27 PM
ButtPirate John Wayne Gacy

"Charlie Wolf" wrote...
Does the word "depleted" mean anything to you dumbass???

Uranium is uranium until it decays into something else. I think
"depleted" in this sense means all the useful U-235 has been
fissioned, but that still leaves the U-238 and the various
byproducts. Anyway, I don't think the government has ever said
it wasn't radioactive, simply that the level of radioactivity
was "harmless" (yet not so harmless that we would allow it to
be disposed of in a regular U.S. landfill). So someone please
answer whether depleted uranium would trigger the detectors at
the border.

Old February 4th 05, 10:58 PM
Jim E

"ButtPirate John Wayne Gacy" wrote in message
.net...
"Charlie Wolf" wrote...
Does the word "depleted" mean anything to you dumbass???

Uranium is uranium until it decays into something else. I think
"depleted" in this sense means all the useful U-235 has been
fissioned, but that still leaves the U-238 and the various
byproducts. Anyway, I don't think the government has ever said
it wasn't radioactive, simply that the level of radioactivity
was "harmless" (yet not so harmless that we would allow it to
be disposed of in a regular U.S. landfill). So someone please
answer whether depleted uranium would trigger the detectors at
the border.

Depleted uranium is used as ballast in jet aircraft (civilian) and sail
boats.
It is less toxic than lead.
If it didn't have the name **uranium** nobody would give a fig. Check out
your local industrial parks for examples of hard gamma sources.
They call them industrial xray systems.
Either read up, or shut up.

Jim E

Jim E

Old February 5th 05, 12:03 PM
PeterCB

"Jim E" FatboyPlonker@ FU.gov wrote in message

"ButtPirate John Wayne Gacy" wrote in message
.net...
"Charlie Wolf" wrote...
Does the word "depleted" mean anything to you dumbass???

Uranium is uranium until it decays into something else. I think
"depleted" in this sense means all the useful U-235 has been
fissioned, but that still leaves the U-238 and the various
byproducts. Anyway, I don't think the government has ever said
it wasn't radioactive, simply that the level of radioactivity
was "harmless" (yet not so harmless that we would allow it to
be disposed of in a regular U.S. landfill). So someone please
answer whether depleted uranium would trigger the detectors at
the border.

Depleted uranium is used as ballast in jet aircraft (civilian) and sail
boats.
It is less toxic than lead.

and that's why the UN has classed it as a
Weapon with Indiscriminate Effect

Old February 5th 05, 02:25 PM
Aardvark J. Bandersnatch, MP, LP, BLT, ETC.

"PeterCB" no.mail@please wrote in message

[...]

Well, here's another thing to grumble about! (Link to pseudo news
site) Recognition of obviously incontrovertible evidence of declining
quality of life, perhaps America herself! Inflammatory accusation
toward a political ideology! Paranoid rant. General intolerance or
intolerance toward intolerance, yeah.

passion.
? 11 additional examples, some with unconnected drift, some
mentioning guns.
? 7 intermixed rebuttals, finally succumbing to despair.
? 4 mentions of last November's election issues.
misspelled words.
? 1 Dada response from you-know-who.

Die-out. Resurrection 3 days later for late readers.
Repeat soon.

Old February 5th 05, 07:04 PM
Jim E

[...]

The UN is a world wide joke.
Their pronouncements are meaningless.

Do you have any valid reference that disputes what I posted?

Jim E

Old February 5th 05, 09:30 PM
Jeroen Wenting

Depleted uranium is used as ballast in jet aircraft (civilian) and sail
boats.
It is less toxic than lead.

and that's why the UN has classed it as a
Weapon with Indiscriminate Effect

Because the UN is the victim of junk science as much as if nor more so than
any other bureaucracy.
The UN is also constantly on the lookout for ways to harm the USA and the
free world as a whole, after all the free world as led by the USA and
opposed by France, Germany, Russia, and the PRC, led to the liberation of
Iraq and Afghanistan...

DU is completely harmless in metalic form, indeed less toxic than lead and
more effective as radiation shielding.
It's in fact less radioactive than the background radiation from the
universe or the concrete or brick from which your house is constructed (not
even talking about wood and steel).

Even enriched Uranium is not very radioactive. The danger from radiation
exposure in nuclear fuel is purely from the byproducts of the fission
process, not the Uranium itself.

Had Uranium been dangerously radioactive in fact there would by now be no
measurable quantities of the metal left on the planet. It would all have
decayed into other materials millions of years ago.

FS: 1988 "Aces High" (Military Airplanes) Hardcover Edition Book J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 August 23rd 04 05:18 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
Tactical Air Control Party Airmen Help Ground Forces Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 January 22nd 04 02:20 AM
enola gay and military aviation -serious old hoodoo Military Aviation 2 December 28th 03 09:19 PM