Airline Terror attack

Old August 15th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
TomatoHead

Default Airline Terror attack

IF? the diaper heads were successful in bringing down 10
transatlantic flights from the UK to America, what would
have been the impact to the airline industry?

With high oil prices and a major terror attack can airlines
survive an attack of that magnitude?

I don't think so
Old August 16th 06, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
John Doe[_2_]

"TomatoHead" wrote in message
.. .
IF? the diaper heads were successful in bringing down 10 transatlantic
flights from the UK to America, what would have been the impact to the
airline industry?

With high oil prices and a major terror attack can airlines survive an
attack of that magnitude?

I don't think so

Sure they can. You really underestimate the ability of the American people
to forget.

I think the result would have been simliar to what happened after 9/11.
There would have been a periord of panic, followed by more radical changes
in airline security (especially overseas) and then slowly people would have
gone back to traveling the way they are now.

I'm not saying it wouldn't hurt and the government would probably have to
step in again with more help, but in the big picture of things, the industry
would survive in the long run. There are just too many people who want/have
to travel by air.

Old August 16th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Fuzz

John Doe wrote:
[...]

I am intrigued by the comment

"Government stepping in again to help"

Are you indicating the "Government" will run up the Federal
deficit credit card to help the airlines? The credit card
that is way over limit AND accumulating excessive late fees??

People love to fly including myself. However, the airline
industry in America as it stands now is a pathetic business
model.

Old August 18th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Kobra[_1_]

People love to fly including myself. However, the airline industry in
America as it stands now is a pathetic business model.

What model do you recommend? How about letting airlines sell all
seat-tickets to commodity brokers just like they buy and sell barrels of
oil. Look how well that model does for the energy industry and how well we
all get screwed. Then we can all pay $1.00 per mile where ever we fly to.

Honestly, I think we all pay way too little for tickets. We're pilots here
and a lot of us understand the cost of maintaining a single-engined
aircraft. The cost of these behemoths is mind boggling.

Kobra

Old August 19th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
601XL Builder

Kobra wrote:
People love to fly including myself. However, the airline industry in
America as it stands now is a pathetic business model.

What model do you recommend? How about letting airlines sell all
seat-tickets to commodity brokers just like they buy and sell barrels of
oil. Look how well that model does for the energy industry and how well we
all get screwed. Then we can all pay $1.00 per mile where ever we fly to.

Honestly, I think we all pay way too little for tickets. We're pilots here
and a lot of us understand the cost of maintaining a single-engined
aircraft. The cost of these behemoths is mind boggling.

Kobra

I'd say look at the Southwest model.
Old August 19th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Michelle Settle

"601XL Builder" wrDOTgiacona@coxDOTnet wrote in message

Honestly, I think we all pay way too little for tickets. We're pilots
here and a lot of us understand the cost of maintaining a single-engined
aircraft. The cost of these behemoths is mind boggling.

Kobra

I'd say look at the Southwest model.

What, in a nutshell, is their model?

Would that model work on a much larger scale (or rather, on larger loads and
over greater distances)?

Michelle

Old August 22nd 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Paul kgyy

This is having a cumulative impact on passengers as the ragheads
develop alternative methods. I think the ultimate result will be that
everybody goes through a shower before boarding and wears only a
disposable paper bathrobe for the duration of the trip. After somebody
develops explosive cotton and polyester, clothing will need to be
checked.

Old August 22nd 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jake Brodsky

paul kgyy wrote:
This is having a cumulative impact on passengers as the ragheads
develop alternative methods. I think the ultimate result will be that
everybody goes through a shower before boarding and wears only a
disposable paper bathrobe for the duration of the trip. After somebody
develops explosive cotton and polyester, clothing will need to be
checked.

You mean like this?

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/notic...=060822-ASP-EN

Old August 23rd 06, 10:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

paul kgyy wrote:
This is having a cumulative impact on passengers as the ragheads
develop alternative methods. I think the ultimate result will be that
everybody goes through a shower before boarding and wears only a
disposable paper bathrobe for the duration of the trip. After somebody
develops explosive cotton and polyester, clothing will need to be
checked.

If everyone rode nude then the Islamic "crusaders" would be prevented
from boarding the aircraft by their religious dogma.
Old August 23rd 06, 11:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bob Noel

In article JpVGg.7987$cw.7480@fed1read03, Sam Spade wrote:

If everyone rode nude then the Islamic "crusaders" would be prevented
from boarding the aircraft by their religious dogma.

You don't get it. Their religious dogma allows, even demands, any action
they want as long as it may help achieve their goals.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the