Soaring Cafe?

Old March 1st 15, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

Default Soaring Cafe?

Does anyone know if "Soaring Cafe" is still operational? The website still works and its Facebook site also works, but I have seen no new postings since the end of December. Now, perhaps it is because there have been no submissions, but it does all seem a bit strange.

So, does anyone know "what" is going on?

Thanks - Renny
Old March 1st 15, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Since they require a user id to read content I no longer visit the page.
Old March 1st 15, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 10:31:58 AM UTC-6, Renny wrote:
Does anyone know if "Soaring Cafe" is still operational? The website still works and its Facebook site also works, but I have seen no new postings since the end of December. Now, perhaps it is because there have been no submissions, but it does all seem a bit strange.

So, does anyone know "what" is going on?

Thanks - Renny

Not only have submissions dried up but all of their front page advertising has gone away too. Not a good sign.
Old March 2nd 15, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Stroschine

I sent an email last week to them asking if there was going to be any new content in the near future. So far I haven't heard anything but when I do I'll post their reply here.
Old March 2nd 15, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 2:10:18 PM UTC-7, Dan Stroschine wrote:
I sent an email last week to them asking if there was going to be any new content in the near future. So far I haven't heard anything but when I do I'll post their reply here.

Dan - Thanks. I also sent a message a few days ago and have not heard back. I have this feeling that if "Soaring Cafe" returns, it will not be anytime soon. I do believe that, since the site is still up, it is still possible, but I am not going to hold my breath.... Thx - Renny
Old March 3rd 15, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Stroschine

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 4:21:32 PM UTC-7, Renny wrote:
On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 2:10:18 PM UTC-7, Dan Stroschine wrote:
I sent an email last week to them asking if there was going to be any new content in the near future. So far I haven't heard anything but when I do I'll post their reply here.

Dan - Thanks. I also sent a message a few days ago and have not heard back. I have this feeling that if "Soaring Cafe" returns, it will not be anytime soon. I do believe that, since the site is still up, it is still possible, but I am not going to hold my breath.... Thx - Renny

That's my concern also. I still haven't heard anything. If I don't within the next week so I guess I'll have to cancel my monthly donation.
Old March 5th 15, 08:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kilo-Bravo

Hi All,

from time to time, I wrote articles for Soaringcafe or informed Bill & Rand about a new and interesting Blog at my Website UL-Segelflug.de, especially when I published blog in English-translations.
Bill always replyed immediatly to ma mail, bur since November I did nor receive any reply at all.
This supprised me verry much, specially after I had send him to verry interesting links to my newest articles:
http://www.ul-segelflug.de/blog/410-...e-in-usa..html

An outstanding project done by "Holliday Obrecht", Member of EAA-Chapter 309 in Charlotte, building a Twin-Engine Electric-powerded Ultralight-Glider,

and another article about an early outstanding American glider-construction, the Woodstoch One, designed by Jim Maupin :
http://www.ul-segelflug.de/f-a-e/433...pure-wood.html

Also to later send emails, not a single answer. Verry strange. Since there is not a single chanfe at the Soaringcafe-Website since then, not even the smallest remark about any problems, I meantime believe, they stopped everything and let the website online. What for? Mayby just to keep donations going?
Also adverts and partner-banners they had placed at the webpage before, they vanished. Verry strange at all.

Hope, thats all just a big mistake and both will come up soon with a verry good explenation for that!

Regards from Germany

Klaus