What if Reagan was tried for war crimes ?

Old June 7th 04, 05:12 PM
Stephen Harding

Conquistador wrote:

Goodbye and Good Riddance
By PHIL GASPER

Ronald Reagan has finally died at age 93. Predictably, politicians from both
major parties have issued gushing tributes to this venal and vicious man,
who was happy to slash workers' wages, see families thrown onto the street,
support sadistic death squads and bomb other countries, if this was in the
interests of the American ruling class.

Yet who was alegedly "asleep" during most of his presidency,
and didn't even know the names of his cabinet members.

Pretty amazing accomplishments while you sleep, huh?

Full: http://www.counterpunch.org/

Counter crap more correctly, but what could one expect when
the name "noam chomsky" appears in one of the cross postings.

SMH

Old June 7th 04, 09:13 PM
Tamas Feher

Gee, I wonder what the Pan Am bombing over Lockerbie had to do with
terrorism?

That was the work of the Iranians to retaliate for the Mecca pilgrimage
Airbus that was downed by Vincennes. But the US did not dare to target
Iran again because of the embassy raid fiasco and singled out Libya, a
much weaker country.

Old June 8th 04, 03:26 PM
Matt Wiser

"Tamas Feher" wrote:
Gee, I wonder what the Pan Am bombing over

Lockerbie had to do with
terrorism?

That was the work of the Iranians to retaliate
for the Mecca pilgrimage
Airbus that was downed by Vincennes. But the
US did not dare to target
Iran again because of the embassy raid fiasco
and singled out Libya, a
much weaker country.

Oh? Considering two Libyan Intel Agents were tried, one convicted, and
that Khadafy has admitted Libya's involvement and is paying into a compensation
fund for the families, I'd say Libya was fully and completely responsible.

Old June 8th 04, 03:26 PM
Matt Wiser

Stephen Harding wrote:
Conquistador wrote:

[...]

Why anyone would listen to anything Chomsky (a notorious apologist for
Pol Pot, Saddam Hussein, Slobodoan Milosevic, Fidel Castro, among others)
is something I'll never understand. Chomsky doesn't belong at MIT, he belongs
in Federal Prison on Aid and Comfort to the Enemy charges at least, and Treason
at most.

Old June 10th 04, 03:25 PM
OXMORON1

Steve asked about Carter:
That's why he wasn't re-elected and was so unpopular with his countrymen?

Carter was probably "Too" ethical to make a good politician and ineffective
with his foreign policy and domestic issues.
IMHO Carter got elected as backlash from the Nixon era BS and failed to get
returned to office due to things like the Iranian Hostage fiasco and economic
home front issues.

Oxmoron1
MFE

Old June 14th 04, 09:48 PM
Brian Earp

No it isn't. Good post 'til the last bit.

That was sarcasm - I didn't think it needed highlighting.

Fair enough.

The point is that the extent of the "evil" associated with being a
"sponsor of terror organisations" (or whatever happens to be the hip
term at the moment) is totally dependant on the alignment of those
terror organisations relative to the political beliefs of the
person(s) making the call.

Right, just wait while I go get my dictionary..

:-)

Rgds