Finding IAPs by TYPE?

Old May 5th 04, 03:54 PM

In article you wrote:
: I'm not that good. I'd thought about doing something like that awhile
: ago but I hadn't gotten around to it. After I read your request this
: morning I decided to quickly whip together something simple. It's
: easier for me to work from an example. (Plus I'm avoiding studying for
: my final exam tomorrow...)

I understand... I've been putting together my prelim for the past few weeks.
Any chance to get off on a tangent and I'm there. Now, where's the best place to
order my DSLR digicam today....

: Did you try searching for just "RNAV" approaches? There are a bunch
: more.
:
https://aviationtoolbox.org/Members/kyler/tools/approach_plates_by_type?name_keywor$

: --kyler

It pulls up lots, but only the VOR/DME ones are flyable with the KNS-80. GPS
approaches are also called RNAV.

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *
* (Just my 20 USm$) *

Old May 5th 04, 11:08 PM
Kyler Laird

It's frightening to think of all the
pilots out there (VFR or IFR) that get in, mount their hand-held color,
moving-map GPS-295 to the yoke, punch direct-to and never look at anything else until
they're on short final.

Yeah, I hope to have color some day... 'til then I'll enjoy looking
outside.

: Did you try searching for just "RNAV" approaches? There are a bunch
: more.

It pulls up lots, but only the VOR/DME ones are flyable with the KNS-80. GPS
approaches are also called RNAV.

Can you tell I don't have any experience with GPS/RNAV approaches? What
you said makes perfect sense; I just wasn't thinking.

--kyler
Old May 6th 04, 07:55 AM
Richard Kaplan

wrote in message ...

What ALSes are those? The only I find for CRW are for the ILS 23.

The
Rho/Theta approaches go to 15 and 33.

Yes, you are correct... I should have been more clear. If you fly the
VOR/DME RNAV approaches in VFR conditions you will see the approach lighting
system for the ILS; from a distance the engineering through the terrain is
impressive.

Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com