IVO pireps wanted.. high performance/high speed...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 31st 04, 04:26 PM
Dave S

Default IVO pireps wanted.. high performance/high speed...

Ok.. question for those out there with some hands on experience with the
IVO Magnum series electric inflight-adjustable props.

What has been your experience with this product.. Any pro's or cons
based on your experience...

Has the product met your expectations...

Where I am coming from: working with a builder making a Mazda powered
Velocity. We have kicked around the idea of a controllable
pitch/quasi-constant speed propeller.

I have corresponded with Tracy Crook (www.rotaryaviation.com) who has a
flying RV-4 with a Mazda rotary. His experience was that he had a loss
of top end speed with the IVO product compared to a fixed pitch prop...
It was enough of a difference that he has chosen not to research using
the product any further in his later applications. I am not sure if this
is because the blades are unable to "twist" enough or what.

This is somewhat disheartening, because the IVO seemed like a cost
effective possibility. The electric MT is out of my price range, and I
cant seem to find any other electric actuated in-flight adjustable props
that can handle 200-250 hp.

I am curious if others have experienced similar outcomes using this
propeller in applications running in the 170-200 kt/200-250 hp range

Dave