MoGas Tips, Tricks, Concerns, How To

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 10th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default MoGas Tips, Tricks, Concerns, How To

The major Mogas concern I have is that so few have endorsed the
concept, that it may not ever get to critical mass. The engine
manufacturers ignore it or don't support it, the AOPA never mentions
it, many FBOs simply state "our insurance won't cover it", the hodge
podge of state gasahol laws are eroding the practicality of it all, and
lastly we owners of low compression engines simply are not using it
anywhere near as much as we should.

Mogas is simply assumed by most "real pilots" and mechanics to be a
substitute fuel, inferior or harmful to engines, and something that is
only used by a small minority of old aircraft owners. For those and
probably still other reasons, mogas isn't widely available for cross
country use. The advantages of Mogas are only talked about in forums
such as these.

Mogas users have to get this situation changed. Some day 100LL is
going to disappear by an EPA mandate & then where will we be? I feel
the 100LL users are whistling in the dark as no substitutes seem to be
forthcoming to their leaded fuel.