Col. Bob Morgan has passed...

Old May 16th 04, 12:58 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Col. Bob Morgan has passed...

Here are the details from his wife, Linda. Please share this with your
fellow pilots and interested parties:

Subject: Col. Morgan has passed away

I am so very sorry to tell you Bob passed away about 11:30pm Saturday night
in ICU at Mission Hospital, Asheville, NC. He fought a long and hard battle
for 24 days after falling at the Asheville Airport on April 22nd and
breaking his neck.

Bob was on his third round of cancer since 1993 - prostrate, colon, and had
been diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in Jan 03. He was a very proud
man and never complained and asked me not to let people know about the
lymphoma - which was not being treated because it was a low stage.

I don't think the broken neck was the problem. The lymphoma just caused his
body not to be able to fight infection.

There is a story on the front page of the Asheville Citizens Times today.
Go to Citizens-Times.com.

Tentative plans are for a memorial service at Trinity Episcopal Church,
Sat., May 22nd at approximately 10:30am - these plans have to be confirmed.
I have been asked by the Air Force to consider burying Col. Morgan at
Arlington National Cemetery where he will have a full military burial. I
have to discuss this with his children.

Thank you all again for your prayers and moral support during this ordeal.
I loved him very much and will miss him more than words can say - and our
six pets will too.

In lieu of flowers we are requesting donations to the Col.Robert Morgan-B-17
Memphis Belle Animal Welfare Fund - which is in the process of being formed.
Checks can be sent to my attorney and will be placed in this account once we
complete the non-profit application.

As most of you know animal rescue was our passion.

My attorney's name is:

Sheila Lambert
BB&T Bldg.
1 W. Pack Square, Ste. 1407
Asheville, NC 28801

Phone: 828-252-6700

As soon as service plans are confirmed I'll be back in touch.

Linda Morgan
175 Lakeshore Dr
Asheville, NC 28804
828 252 0843
Jay here again. I know Bob's family is in tough financial straits right now.
Anyone interested and able to help might stop by their website at
http://www.memphis-belle.com/ and buy a bunch of Memphis Belle memorabilia.
Not only is it nice stuff, I'm sure they could use the assistance.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 16th 04, 03:45 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 16 May 2004 11:58:23 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

There is a story on the front page of the Asheville Citizens Times today.
Go to Citizens-Times.com.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this one belongs to a domain grabber

correct is http://www.citizen-times.com/ (without the s)

#m

--
If John and Peter get together and take money from Paul at gunpoint,
we call it armed robbery. If two thousand voters get together
Old May 16th 04, 04:40 PM
C J Campbell

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message

If John and Peter get together and take money from Paul at gunpoint,
we call it armed robbery. If two thousand voters get together
and decide to take money from another thousand, we call it taxation.
C J Campbell in rec.aviation.piloting

Actually, I was paraphrasing Robert Ringer, from his book "Restoring the
American Dream."

Old May 16th 04, 06:13 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 16 May 2004 08:40:17 -0700, C J Campbell wrote:

If John and Peter get together and take money from Paul at gunpoint,
we call it armed robbery. If two thousand voters get together
and decide to take money from another thousand, we call it taxation.
C J Campbell in rec.aviation.piloting

Actually, I was paraphrasing Robert Ringer, from his book "Restoring the
American Dream."

It was time to change the .sig

#m

--
Martin!!! Maaaaartiiiin!!! Can you please flame this guy for me?
'HECTOP' in rec.aviation.piloting