Live emergency landing on tv right now

Old May 2nd 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Live emergency landing on tv right now

Continental commuter jet has landing gear problems and is scheduled to land
in about 20 minutes live on tv!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0618-0, 05/02/2006
Tested on: 5/2/2006 5:56:13 PM

Old May 3rd 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"C. Massey" wrote in message
. ..
Continental commuter jet has landing gear problems and is scheduled to
land in about 20 minutes live on tv!

Well, luckily it was a very uneventful landing.

Seems they ran over some FOD on takeoff and blew the two, left main tires.
They burned fuel for about 2 1/2 hours and that was about the smoothest
landing that I have over seen. I didn't even see any sparks.

This was a flight from Bush Intercontinental in Houston to Minneapolis.

3 tv stations in my area had live, uninterrupted coverage for about an hour
and they all had different things to say. One station said they normally
don't foam runways before landing anymore and that they won't do it in this
case, then, another station said they had already foamed the runway. Ends up
there was no foam used. Typical media.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0618-0, 05/02/2006
Tested on: 5/2/2006 6:36:51 PM

Old May 3rd 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

landed safely... he did not have "gear problems" per say.. as in failure to
extend/retract or got twisted.
he blew a tire on take off and he still had 3 mains to land with.. plus the
nose..
looked like a medium sized RJ

BT

. ..

Old May 3rd 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"BTIZ" wrote in message
landed safely... he did not have "gear problems" per say.. as in failure
to extend/retract or got twisted.
he blew a tire on take off and he still had 3 mains to land with.. plus
the nose..
looked like a medium sized RJ

BT

When I first turned it on, they were calling it gear problems... Guess I
posted too soon.

"C. Massey" wrote in message
. ..
Continental commuter jet has landing gear problems and is scheduled to
land in about 20 minutes live on tv!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0618-0, 05/02/2006
Tested on: 5/2/2006 5:56:13 PM

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0618-0, 05/02/2006
Tested on: 5/2/2006 6:38:19 PM

Old May 3rd 06, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

When I first turned it on, they were calling it gear problems... Guess I
posted too soon.

you know how the media can be... over dramatic with wrong or incomplete
information

BT

Old May 3rd 06, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"BTIZ" wrote in message

When I first turned it on, they were calling it gear problems... Guess I
posted too soon.

you know how the media can be... over dramatic with wrong or incomplete
information

Yeah... and I am ashamed to admit that I work in the media...

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0618-0, 05/02/2006
Tested on: 5/3/2006 6:47:34 AM

Old May 4th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

When I lived in NewHampshire.. we had the Nashua Telegraph, a decidedly
Democratic news paper
and then we had the Manchester Union Leader.. Republican of course... and
only 20 miles apart.

They could both write about the same auto accident, and after reading the
same story in each newspaper, you really did not know what happened or how..
because they each had a different view.

Now apply that thinking to a Presidential Campaign... who really knows what
each candidate said, because each paper was pushing their candidate and
slamming the other.

BT

"C. Massey" wrote in message
om...

Yeah... and I am ashamed to admit that I work in the media...