"You Might be a Crew Chief if..."

Old December 9th 03, 11:08 PM
Chad Irby

"David Hartung" wrote:

One of the biggest mistakes in the world is to let a pilot see any T.O.
other than the -1!

Oh, you can let them see it, just don't let them open it.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old December 9th 03, 11:27 PM
Pete

"David Hartung" wrote

'85-'87 Barksdale

A guy who was my shift supervisor at Luke in early 81 went to Barksdale,

the
last I saw him he was either the LSC team chief, or he was the NCOIC of

the
LSC.

Really big guy? Nickname Tiny? (aren't they all)

He and his crew came to Blytheville in late 85 or early 86 for some
ALCM training. His "3" man was (I think)Bill Peterson, a guy I knew on

Guam.

Hmmlooking at the above, it really is a small world.

Yes. Every base I was at, I ran into someone I knew somewhere before.

Oete

Old December 9th 03, 11:28 PM
Pete

"David Hartung" wrote

One of the biggest mistakes in the world is to let a pilot see any T.O.
other than the -1!

Exactly.
"RHAW does not work in the O.F.F. position"
"R&R stick actuator"

Pete

Old December 9th 03, 11:48 PM
Yeff

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 23:27:53 GMT, Pete wrote:

Yes. Every base I was at, I ran into someone I knew somewhere before.

My second time in Saudi we transferred our operations from a trailer right
on the flightline of Riyadh AB to the Southwest Asia/Joint Intelligence
Center (SWA/JIC) out near the RSAF headquarters at USMTM.

My supervisor (deployed all the way from Alaska) was amazed at how many
people I kept running into from my assignment at Clark AB in the
Philippines. It became a running joke with us.

I remember one day when the Navy had an EP-3 static display set up for
anyone with a green badge (SCI security clearance) and Ed (my supervisor)
and I went over to take a look. The guy briefing the aircraft was a
Lieutenant/O-3 who really knew his ****. He gave the impression that he
could've sat any position on the aircraft and done the job.

As he's giving us the briefing he kept giving me a funny look. He finally
interrupted himself and goes, "Say, don't I know you from the PI? Didn't
you used to work mid-shift CQ sometimes for the Double Deuce (Double Deuce
being the 6922nd Electronic Security Squadron)?

The look on Ed's face was priceless as I realized I recognized the
Lieutenant as a former Watch Officer from the Navy side of the house, yet
another person I used to know from the Philippines.

A different service, a different country, in the back-end of an EP-3
reconnaissance aircraft. Yes, it's a small world.

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com
Old December 10th 03, 01:44 AM
Chad Irby

"Pete" wrote:

Yes. Every base I was at, I ran into someone I knew somewhere before.

Oh, that wasn't a coincidence.

We were having you followed.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old December 10th 03, 06:19 AM
Pete

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
m...
"Pete" wrote:

Yes. Every base I was at, I ran into someone I knew somewhere before.

Oh, that wasn't a coincidence.

We were having you followed.

I figured as much. Sometimes, it was just too much of a coincidence.

Pete

Old December 10th 03, 08:24 AM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Pete" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
m...
"Pete" wrote:

Yes. Every base I was at, I ran into someone I knew somewhere before.

Oh, that wasn't a coincidence.

We were having you followed.

I figured as much. Sometimes, it was just too much of a coincidence.

....but what if that's what we *wanted* you to think?

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.