negative dihedral

Old June 5th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default negative dihedral

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
news

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Yes, if you had a striaght wing airplane like that it would tend to
do it left to its; own devices, but a swept wing airplane well tend
to resist yaw, and by association, roll by virtue of the sweep alone.

Bertie

Sure it does Bertie Buttlipp, you know everything, you know everyone,
you've done everything. Gotta link?

Don't need one. I know everything, remember?

Bertie

Old June 5th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Why don't you 'splain it using a paper airplane, some paper clips and a
can of sterno?

Bertie

Why don't you buy a book. Can't read? Thought so.

Old June 5th 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

All correct! Also, anhedral helps a bit with the high alt dutch roll
case. I'd have to go into a lengthy explanation to cover it all, but
suffice it to say that swept wing airplanes are subject to a roll yaw
reversal at high altitues that can get rather unpleasnt ( complet loss
of control) Most must fly with a yaw damper, which is a gyro-controlled
rudder input that keeps the thing going straight. Anhedral offers a non
mechanical ad to ammelierating this effect. In fact, the russians are
notoriously clever at this sort of thing, which is why thye have madly
maneuverable fighters with more or less conventional control systems
while contemporary western aircraft relied on computers to achieve the
same results.

Bertie

WOW! Buttlipps, that's waaay coool. Do you have to like soak your head in
cold water after such radical processing? Cooling or something?

Old June 5th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

That's right. I never flew it but the guys who did said ............

Bertie

Starting to sound like your little brother Anthony.

Old June 5th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in newshF1k.1882$nD3.1558
@newsfe15.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Well, years ago a hypersonic bipe was looked at, believe it or not,

but
even Beurt Rutan will tell you that none of his creations were
completely original. Not to detract from his talent, whihc is

monstrous,
but there's nothing on any of his airplanes that hadn't been done
before. Even that mad boomerang has precedants and quite a lot of

them
dating back to the first world war (Caproni). Getting it all arranged
right to make it go better than anything before it is his gift.

Having
said that, Spaceship one was pretty unique, but you'll probably find
that mad recovery system was done in boost glider in an old issue of
American Aircraft Modeler or similar. I never cease to be astounded

at
the massive number of airplanes constructed in th elast century and

the
variety. it hardly seems possible sometimes that there were enough
people to make them all!

Bertie

Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thenkew.

Bertie
Old June 5th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

I think there have been a couple of straight wing airplanes wiht
anhedral, but I can't picture one off the top of my head. Surely
everything that can be tried, has been tried at this stage!

Bertie

Have you tried a lobotomy?

Old June 5th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:ygF1k.1881$nD3.539
@newsfe15.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

I think there have been a couple of straight wing airplanes wiht
anhedral, but I can't picture one off the top of my head. Surely
everything that can be tried, has been tried at this stage!

Bertie

Have you tried a lobotomy?

No. Will I make lots of blank poasts and continue to fight absolutely
lost causes afterwards?

Bertie

Old June 5th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:icF1k.1878$nD3.255
@newsfe15.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Why don't you 'splain it using a paper airplane, some paper clips and

can of sterno?

Bertie

Why don't you buy a book. Can't read? Thought so.

Oh ouch!
Siding with Tucker. I have been soooo served!
Bwwahwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahw!

Bertie
Old June 5th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Scott Skylane" wrote in message
ions...
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJscAaKfr7A

Ooops, that was a MSFS one. ----------

/snip/

Am I the only one who sees the *immense* irony in this?

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

Apparently something he and Anthony have been working on.

Another old negative Don Pyeatt Aviation Photos 0 March 2nd 08 05:32 PM
"predator' dihedral Phil Rhodes Naval Aviation 5 May 25th 07 09:54 PM
Wing dihedral Dallas Piloting 35 March 20th 06 04:01 PM
how to cope with negative g´s? Markus Aerobatics 6 July 2nd 05 12:00 AM
Biplane wing dihedral vincent p. norris General Aviation 20 June 18th 05 02:58 AM