The Swedish Model: How to build a jet fighter.

Old May 14th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Douglas Eagleson

Default The Swedish Model: How to build a jet fighter.

On May 13, 4:58*pm, "JR Weiss"
wrote:
"Douglas Eagleson" wrote...
Well, you avoided the issue, high g stalls.

Nope.

In a "symmetrical" airplane as I described, its performance and recovery
characteristics in high g stalls will be identical under + or - g. *I cannot
describe that performance because it will differ for EACH specific design,
whether canard or horizontal stabilizer!

Maybe I am wrong about actual stalls, but do not just allude to me being wrong
about stalls in canards.

You ARE WRONG "about stalls in canards"!!! *You CANNOT generalize, based on
specific design details! *A Wright Flyer is not a Viggen is not a Gripen is not
a MiG-35 MFI!

If you can go to the edge of the envelope and stall safely you can beat
nonstallable aircraft. It is an exact stall issue, not flight, but stall..

NO!!! *That is still utter nonsense!

I did generalize about canards. It is allowed because they have a
characteristic of their centers of gravity.

The NO!! does not make sense to me. WHy does a person fly at the edge
of the envelope? If you are in a bad place in the envelope you can not
do anything but loose the aircraft.

I point out that inverted stall is a SAFE place in a canard and NOT
safe in rear stabilizer aircraft. SO you claim my point is nonsense.
Why not just say what you only allude to, "inverted stalls in rear
stabilizer fighters are safe."

Old May 14th 08, 08:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Herbert Viola[_2_]

In article
,
Douglas Eagleson wrote:

It is disgusting because the refer to the Wright Flyer as analysis of
behavior of all canards.

I was wondering where all my stupid pills went.
Old May 14th 08, 10:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Ken S. Tucker

Hi herb.

On May 14, 12:06 am, Herbert Viola wrote:
In article
,
Douglas Eagleson wrote:

It is disgusting because the refer to the Wright Flyer as analysis of
behavior of all canards.

I was wondering where all my stupid pills went.

I agree. The canard is vastly superior and yes the US
aerodynamic intel is retarded.
For example, using negative lift on the tail is less
effective than using positive canard lift, but the dumb
yanks won't learn that until they get a good thrashing!
The F-22 is vulnerable, I could design a machine that
would blow that machine out the sky PRONTO.
Ken
Old May 14th 08, 11:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Eugene Griessel

Douglas Eagleson wrote:

It is disgusting because the refer to the Wright Flyer as analysis of
behavior of all canards.

I was wondering where all my stupid pills went.

I agree. The canard is vastly superior and yes the US
aerodynamic intel is retarded.
For example, using negative lift on the tail is less
effective than using positive canard lift, but the dumb
yanks won't learn that until they get a good thrashing!
The F-22 is vulnerable, I could design a machine that
would blow that machine out the sky PRONTO.

Oh so could Eagleson - except his machine wouldn't blow - it would
suck.

Eugene L Griessel

Lysdexia: a peech imspediment we live to learn with...

- I usually post only from Sci.Military.Naval -
Old May 14th 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Douglas Eagleson

*Douglas Eagleson wrote:

It is disgusting because the refer to the Wright Flyer as analysis of
behavior of all canards.

I was wondering where all my stupid pills went.

I agree. The canard is vastly superior and yes the US
aerodynamic intel is retarded.
For example, using negative lift on the tail is less
effective than using positive canard lift, but the dumb
yanks won't learn that until they get a good thrashing!
The F-22 is vulnerable, I could design a machine that
would blow that machine out the sky *PRONTO.
Ken

Simple slang to confuse was the issue.

I use slang to demand a correct behavior in true thought.

I can read predicate. And to disagree was all the predicate says. So
Tucker writes in slang "two form" to simply evade the issue I proposed
once more.

A slight of hand only. Everybody just wants to evade the point and
flame. A poor behavior.

Old May 14th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Dan[_2_]

Douglas Eagleson wrote:

It is disgusting because the refer to the Wright Flyer as analysis of
behavior of all canards.

I was wondering where all my stupid pills went.

I agree. The canard is vastly superior and yes the US
aerodynamic intel is retarded.
For example, using negative lift on the tail is less
effective than using positive canard lift, but the dumb
yanks won't learn that until they get a good thrashing!
The F-22 is vulnerable, I could design a machine that
would blow that machine out the sky PRONTO.
Ken

Wasn't Pronto the Lone Stranger's sidekick?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old May 14th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Douglas Eagleson

On May 13, 4:44*pm, Douglas Eagleson
wrote:
On May 13, 4:29*pm, "JR Weiss"
wrote:

"Douglas Eagleson" wrote...
A predicate theory was used to deselect all fighters in general.

Actually, not. *You selected a generic "canard" fighter and a generic
"horizontal stabilizer" fighter. *You then provided specific claims for each of
them. *THEN you applied the claims to "canard vs horizontal stab" in general.

Canard stall recover was claimed by me to be intrinsically stable. *Stalling a
fighter inverted for the rear stabilizer aircraft was claimed to be ALWAYS
nonrecoverable. *This is the point of the debate, thanks for recognizing it.

The theory as a general theory is flawed. *"Canard stall recover" is
"intrinsically stable" (understood as "inherently achievable") ONLY because
current canard designs are such that the canard stalls before the main wing.
hence, the wing is still flying when the canard loses lift, and the nose will
drop and place the canard in a flying AOA again.

So if an experienced fighter pilot says I am wrong on this exact point, then
my ability is challenged. Inverted means real inverted g-forces. Meaning maybe
12g's.

You are wrong.

No current airplane is designed to withstand -12g. *No human pilot can function
under -12g!

I claim to know all stabiblity for the rear stabilzer appears bad under high
inverted gs. If I am wrong and you know so, then state my incorrectness as a
fact.
Is that hard?

No; it's easy.

An airplane with a rear horizontal stabilizer can easily be designed to function
under high + or -g. *It is a matter of specific design parameters, not inherent
physical or aerodynamic law.

An airplane that has a profile *symmetric about the lateral plane behaves the
same whether upright or inverted. *Today, such an airplane COULD be designed and
flown, with stability provided by computer-controlled surfaces. *It would not
"know" whether G was + or -, except for some artificial reference provided to
the computers. *Its stability and maneuverability would be exactly the same
under "+" or "-" g. *ONLY the pilot would be subject to the artificial
limitation of + or - g.

Also do not forget the difference between fighters and common aerobatic
aircraft. Aerobatic aircraft use propellor power against the rudder to
recover, jet fighters have no ability to do this.

Again, it is a SPECIFIC design problem, not an inherent design flaw. *Both prop
and jet airplanes are built in canard and horizontal stab configurations.. *All 4
permutations are viable. *All 4 come in a wide variety of specific designs. *All
4 have their advantages and disadvantages, proponents and detractors. *NONE of
them is inherently unsuitable for high-g maneuvering!

Now a days there is experimentation with thrust vectoring. *A problem with
always thinking is that somebody has to go out and test thrust vector stall
recovery. *And the answer is obvious. *Why does this fail to assist in stalls
for jet fighters? Maybe I am ignorent of modern thrust vector method, but it
seeems to me to make little help.

Post the citations for such failed tests, and maybe we'll be able to help you
figure out the problem -- which may be simply that you are again trying to posit
a general theory from a specific design fault!

Well, you avoided the issue, high g stalls.

Maybe I am wrong about actual stalls, but do not just allude to me
being wrong about stalls in canards.

If you can go to the edge of the envelope and stall safely you can
beat nonstallable aircraft. It is an exact stall issue, not flight,
but stall.- Hide quoted text -

http://www.aoe.vt.edu/~mason/Mason_f...AlphaNotes.pdf

Here is a study that mentions a critical aspect of the issue of canard
flight. High angle of attack allows for very fast roll rates in
general. A wing designed for high angle of attack becomes a superior
wing in general.

A f-22 uses a special thrust vectoring to achieve high angles of
attack, it does not use a superior wing design. A major fact shown
was the roll rate as angle of attack is varied. Reliance on thrust
vectoring to compensate for a wing design reduces the roll rate.

Roll rate is a speed to turn in. And the degree of roll appear
amendable to only a f-16 challenge.

In dogfights it has a deficiency. In stealth it likely has
superiority. Maybe a tradeoff was accepted. As long as pilots know of
this limitation they may alter tactics to overcome lower performance
ability.

In decision making many factor appear and my guess is it is to be
termed a fourth generation dog fighter and a fifth generation stealth
fighter.

Roll rate is another envelope variable and the lack of speed to turn
appear to make another maneuver available to be considered. A basic
cork screw as a prelude to turn is either to be followed or not
followed by the attacker, say an F-22. A leading enemy can expect the
F-22 to not follow.

An F-22 cannot keep up.

As a result all acts to avoid the US fighter can be successful break
off maneuvers. If you do not match the cork screw, you also loose. A
whole class as a basic dogfight disappears.

It is a huge compromise design, the non-canard F-22.
Old May 14th 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Ken S. Tucker

Douglas Eagleson wrote:

It is disgusting because the refer to the Wright Flyer as analysis of
behavior of all canards.
I was wondering where all my stupid pills went.

I agree. The canard is vastly superior and yes the US
aerodynamic intel is retarded.
For example, using negative lift on the tail is less
effective than using positive canard lift, but the dumb
yanks won't learn that until they get a good thrashing!
The F-22 is vulnerable, I could design a machine that
would blow that machine out the sky PRONTO.
Ken

Wasn't Pronto the Lone Stranger's sidekick?

Wasn't that Toronto? They named a town in canada
after him.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Ken

Old May 14th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Dan[_2_]

Ken S. Tucker wrote:
Douglas Eagleson wrote:
It is disgusting because the refer to the Wright Flyer as analysis of
behavior of all canards.
I was wondering where all my stupid pills went.
I agree. The canard is vastly superior and yes the US
aerodynamic intel is retarded.
For example, using negative lift on the tail is less
effective than using positive canard lift, but the dumb
yanks won't learn that until they get a good thrashing!
The F-22 is vulnerable, I could design a machine that
would blow that machine out the sky PRONTO.
Ken

Wasn't Pronto the Lone Stranger's sidekick?

Wasn't that Toronto? They named a town in canada
after him.

I guess Pronto was the Loan Arranger's sidekick then.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old May 14th 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Ken S. Tucker

On May 14, 2:33 pm, Dan wrote:
Ken S. Tucker wrote:
Douglas Eagleson wrote:
It is disgusting because the refer to the Wright Flyer as analysis of
behavior of all canards.
I was wondering where all my stupid pills went.
I agree. The canard is vastly superior and yes the US
aerodynamic intel is retarded.
For example, using negative lift on the tail is less
effective than using positive canard lift, but the dumb
yanks won't learn that until they get a good thrashing!
The F-22 is vulnerable, I could design a machine that
would blow that machine out the sky PRONTO.
Ken
Wasn't Pronto the Lone Stranger's sidekick?

Wasn't that Toronto? They named a town in canada
after him.

I guess Pronto was the Loan Arranger's sidekick then.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

We hear you. Meanwhile, back at the Ranch, Area
Ponderosa, we have a secret plan to put Kenards
on the nose, if and when the poop hit's the fan.
Ken

LETS BUILD A MODEL PLANE adelsonsl Aviation Photos 1 May 16th 07 11:10 PM
Swedish! Owning 3 March 3rd 06 12:44 AM
The end of the Saab Viggen - The legendary Swedish jet fighter Iwan Bogels Simulators 0 April 19th 05 07:22 PM
The Very Last Operational New German Fighter Model Of WW2 Garrison Hilliard Military Aviation 13 January 13th 04 03:31 PM
RV Quick Build build times... [email protected] Home Built 2 December 17th 03 03:29 AM