Radio Protocol re "Flight Level"

Old January 26th 15, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Radio Protocol re "Flight Level"

We just got "climb and maintain 18000" yesterday, which is why I am here now. I content that a clearance to 18000 means using local altimeter, while FL180 would use 29.92.
Old January 26th 15, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, said:
We just got "climb and maintain 18000" yesterday, which is why I am here
now. I content that a clearance to 18000 means using local altimeter,
while FL180 would use 29.92.

ATC is never supposed to assign 18,000'.

--
Paul Tomblin
http://blog.xcski.com/