Turbo Dakota question

Old December 26th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Default Turbo Dakota question

Happy Holidays to the group.

I would like to know more about the turbo Dakota. I understand it was built
for only about a year around 1979-80 and has a TSIO-360 200 HP engine on an
airframe similar to an ArcherII. Why only a year? Is it considered a
desirable airplane?

--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

Old December 26th 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Mike Noel" said:
Happy Holidays to the group.
I would like to know more about the turbo Dakota. I understand it was built
for only about a year around 1979-80 and has a TSIO-360 200 HP engine on an
airframe similar to an ArcherII. Why only a year? Is it considered a
desirable airplane?

I doubt it's a 200 hp engine. The non-turbo Dakota has a 235 hp engine.
But yeah, it's the same fuselage as the Warrior, Archer, Arrow, etc.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"using Outlook to read e-mail is like licking public toilets; using Outlook
Old December 26th 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel[_2_]

Mike Noel wrote:
Happy Holidays to the group.

I would like to know more about the turbo Dakota. I understand it was built
for only about a year around 1979-80 and has a TSIO-360 200 HP engine on an
airframe similar to an ArcherII. Why only a year? Is it considered a
desirable airplane?

Think of it as a fixed-gear version of the turbo arrow. Even though
it was called a Dakota, I believe it has more parts in common with
the arrow than the dakota.

Old December 26th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel[_2_]

Clark wrote:
Bob Noel wrote in :

Mike Noel wrote:
Happy Holidays to the group.

I would like to know more about the turbo Dakota. I understand it was
built for only about a year around 1979-80 and has a TSIO-360 200 HP
engine on an airframe similar to an ArcherII. Why only a year? Is it
considered a desirable airplane?

Think of it as a fixed-gear version of the turbo arrow. Even though
it was called a Dakota, I believe it has more parts in common with
the arrow than the dakota.

They're all the same airframe, just different engines and landing gear.

I believe the wing spar and other structural items are different between
the turbo dakota and the regular dakota.

Old December 26th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Clark said:
(Paul Tomblin) wrote in
:
In a previous article, "Mike Noel" said:
Happy Holidays to the group.
I would like to know more about the turbo Dakota. I understand it was
built for only about a year around 1979-80 and has a TSIO-360 200 HP
engine on an airframe similar to an ArcherII. Why only a year? Is it
considered a desirable airplane?

I doubt it's a 200 hp engine. The non-turbo Dakota has a 235 hp engine.
But yeah, it's the same fuselage as the Warrior, Archer, Arrow, etc.

Why do you doubt it's a 200 hp engine? It's a TSIO-360 FB and Continental
rates it for 200 hp at 41 inches MP.

Because I stupidly assumed that if they called it a "Turbo Dakota" instead
of "Turbo Archer", it would have more in common with a Dakota than an
Arrow with the gear welded down.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Microsoft: bringing the world to your desktop -- and your desktop to

Turbo prop question Chris W Piloting 23 April 29th 08 12:02 PM
Question about the turbo commander GDBholdings Owning 2 December 24th 06 01:02 PM
Turbo question soxinbox Owning 13 June 10th 06 03:28 AM
Turbo performance vs non-turbo John Doe Owning 22 October 8th 05 02:34 AM
Converting engine from Turbo to non-Turbo Dick Kurtz Home Built 7 October 31st 03 05:48 PM