A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Many newstandard Features!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 6th 20, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 289
Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Many newstandard Features!


PowerFlarm officially releasing the new PowerFLARM Fusion. It replaces PowerFLARM Core and comes loaded with features:

• Connect smartphones and tablets via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
• FLARM Hub web app for easy upgrades, configuration, and maintenance
• GDL 90 protocol for streaming traffic data to EFBs like ForeFlight and SkyDemon
• Worldwide interoperability (only one version)
• Previously optional features are now included: Radio Diversity (RFB), 1090 Receiver (ADS-B, Mode-S), IGC, ENL, and Audio. No need to purchase licenses.
• Updated antenna connectors — all screw-on
• Hassle-free upgrade from PowerFLARM Core


For complete details see:

http://www.craggyaero.com/fusion.htm

Standard Base Price $1795, Introductory Price $1526 until Jan 31, 2021

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Ads
  #2  
Old November 7th 20, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 692
Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynew standard Features!

On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 5:55:37 PM UTC-5, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
PowerFlarm officially releasing the new PowerFLARM Fusion. It replaces PowerFLARM Core and comes loaded with features:

• Connect smartphones and tablets via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
• FLARM Hub web app for easy upgrades, configuration, and maintenance
• GDL 90 protocol for streaming traffic data to EFBs like ForeFlight and SkyDemon
• Worldwide interoperability (only one version)
• Previously optional features are now included: Radio Diversity (RFB), 1090 Receiver (ADS-B, Mode-S), IGC, ENL, and Audio. No need to purchase licenses.
• Updated antenna connectors — all screw-on
• Hassle-free upgrade from PowerFLARM Core


For complete details see:

http://www.craggyaero.com/fusion.htm

Standard Base Price $1795, Introductory Price $1526 until Jan 31, 2021

Richard
www.craggyaero.com


Is it FCC approved? Does the transmitted power stay at 0.018w?
  #3  
Old November 7th 20, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 289
Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynew standard Features!

On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 3:12:51 PM UTC-8, Dan Daly wrote:
On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 5:55:37 PM UTC-5, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
PowerFlarm officially releasing the new PowerFLARM Fusion. It replaces PowerFLARM Core and comes loaded with features:

• Connect smartphones and tablets via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
• FLARM Hub web app for easy upgrades, configuration, and maintenance
• GDL 90 protocol for streaming traffic data to EFBs like ForeFlight and SkyDemon
• Worldwide interoperability (only one version)
• Previously optional features are now included: Radio Diversity (RFB), 1090 Receiver (ADS-B, Mode-S), IGC, ENL, and Audio. No need to purchase licenses.
• Updated antenna connectors — all screw-on
• Hassle-free upgrade from PowerFLARM Core


For complete details see:

http://www.craggyaero.com/fusion.htm

Standard Base Price $1795, Introductory Price $1526 until Jan 31, 2021

Richard
www.craggyaero.com


Is it FCC approved? Does the transmitted power stay at 0.018w?


FCC yes

Current consumption (no external consumers)200 mA @ 12 V DC (Peak)180 mA @ 12 V DC (Typical)

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
  #4  
Old November 7th 20, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 481
Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynew standard Features!

On Friday, 6 November 2020 15:55:37 UTC-7, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
PowerFlarm officially releasing the new PowerFLARM Fusion. It replaces PowerFLARM Core and comes loaded with features:

• Connect smartphones and tablets via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
• FLARM Hub web app for easy upgrades, configuration, and maintenance
• GDL 90 protocol for streaming traffic data to EFBs like ForeFlight and SkyDemon
• Worldwide interoperability (only one version)
• Previously optional features are now included: Radio Diversity (RFB), 1090 Receiver (ADS-B, Mode-S), IGC, ENL, and Audio. No need to purchase licenses.
• Updated antenna connectors — all screw-on
• Hassle-free upgrade from PowerFLARM Core


For complete details see:

http://www.craggyaero.com/fusion.htm

Standard Base Price $1795, Introductory Price $1526 until Jan 31, 2021

Richard
www.craggyaero.com


THanks Richard, as usual you are out ahead getting useful and useable information to the pilot community. Looks like a great unit with very useful features!

Ron Gleason
  #5  
Old November 7th 20, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,682
Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynew standard Features!

Actually, FCC approval has not been received yet. It is in the works, and will hopefully go through, but it is not a foregone conclusion and may take a while.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_____________________________________

On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 5:12:51 PM UTC-6, Dan Daly wrote:
On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 5:55:37 PM UTC-5, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
PowerFlarm officially releasing the new PowerFLARM Fusion. It replaces PowerFLARM Core and comes loaded with features:

• Connect smartphones and tablets via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
• FLARM Hub web app for easy upgrades, configuration, and maintenance
• GDL 90 protocol for streaming traffic data to EFBs like ForeFlight and SkyDemon
• Worldwide interoperability (only one version)
• Previously optional features are now included: Radio Diversity (RFB), 1090 Receiver (ADS-B, Mode-S), IGC, ENL, and Audio. No need to purchase licenses.
• Updated antenna connectors — all screw-on
• Hassle-free upgrade from PowerFLARM Core


For complete details see:

http://www.craggyaero.com/fusion.htm

Standard Base Price $1795, Introductory Price $1526 until Jan 31, 2021

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Is it FCC approved? Does the transmitted power stay at 0.018w?

  #6  
Old November 7th 20, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Levy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynew standard Features!

On Saturday, November 7, 2020 at 8:19:45 AM UTC-8, Paul Remde wrote:
Actually, FCC approval has not been received yet. It is in the works, and will hopefully go through, but it is not a foregone conclusion and may take a while.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_____________________________________
On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 5:12:51 PM UTC-6, Dan Daly wrote:
On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 5:55:37 PM UTC-5, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
PowerFlarm officially releasing the new PowerFLARM Fusion. It replaces PowerFLARM Core and comes loaded with features:

• Connect smartphones and tablets via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
• FLARM Hub web app for easy upgrades, configuration, and maintenance
• GDL 90 protocol for streaming traffic data to EFBs like ForeFlight and SkyDemon
• Worldwide interoperability (only one version)
• Previously optional features are now included: Radio Diversity (RFB), 1090 Receiver (ADS-B, Mode-S), IGC, ENL, and Audio. No need to purchase licenses.
• Updated antenna connectors — all screw-on
• Hassle-free upgrade from PowerFLARM Core


For complete details see:

http://www.craggyaero.com/fusion.htm

Standard Base Price $1795, Introductory Price $1526 until Jan 31, 2021

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Is it FCC approved? Does the transmitted power stay at 0.018w?

  #7  
Old November 7th 20, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Levy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynew standard Features!

On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 2:55:37 PM UTC-8, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
PowerFlarm officially releasing the new PowerFLARM Fusion. It replaces PowerFLARM Core and comes loaded with features:

• Connect smartphones and tablets via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
• FLARM Hub web app for easy upgrades, configuration, and maintenance
• GDL 90 protocol for streaming traffic data to EFBs like ForeFlight and SkyDemon
• Worldwide interoperability (only one version)
• Previously optional features are now included: Radio Diversity (RFB), 1090 Receiver (ADS-B, Mode-S), IGC, ENL, and Audio. No need to purchase licenses.
• Updated antenna connectors — all screw-on
• Hassle-free upgrade from PowerFLARM Core


For complete details see:

http://www.craggyaero.com/fusion.htm

Standard Base Price $1795, Introductory Price $1526 until Jan 31, 2021

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Do they have any plans to include 978? I have a dual-band ADS-B receiver and Flarm. There is a large percentage of aircraft on 978 that I'm not seeing on Flarm.
  #8  
Old November 7th 20, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Per Givskov
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynew standard Features!

lørdag den 7. november 2020 kl. 18.02.53 UTC+1 skrev Doug Levy:
On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 2:55:37 PM UTC-8, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
PowerFlarm officially releasing the new PowerFLARM Fusion. It replaces PowerFLARM Core and comes loaded with features:

• Connect smartphones and tablets via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
• FLARM Hub web app for easy upgrades, configuration, and maintenance
• GDL 90 protocol for streaming traffic data to EFBs like ForeFlight and SkyDemon
• Worldwide interoperability (only one version)
• Previously optional features are now included: Radio Diversity (RFB), 1090 Receiver (ADS-B, Mode-S), IGC, ENL, and Audio. No need to purchase licenses.
• Updated antenna connectors — all screw-on
• Hassle-free upgrade from PowerFLARM Core


For complete details see:

http://www.craggyaero.com/fusion.htm

Standard Base Price $1795, Introductory Price $1526 until Jan 31, 2021

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Do they have any plans to include 978? I have a dual-band ADS-B receiver and Flarm. There is a large percentage of aircraft on 978 that I'm not seeing on Flarm.


Still not fully IGC approved. What a bummer. What's the story, why they lost it and issue a new product without it?
  #9  
Old November 7th 20, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 231
Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynew standard Features!

Hopefully FCC will allow transmit on both antennas, which would be really helpful for carbon fiber gliders and towplanes.
  #10  
Old November 8th 20, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 692
Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynew standard Features!

On Saturday, November 7, 2020 at 1:18:40 PM UTC-5, Per Givskov wrote:
lørdag den 7. november 2020 kl. 18.02.53 UTC+1 skrev Doug Levy:
On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 2:55:37 PM UTC-8, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
PowerFlarm officially releasing the new PowerFLARM Fusion. It replaces PowerFLARM Core and comes loaded with features:

• Connect smartphones and tablets via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
• FLARM Hub web app for easy upgrades, configuration, and maintenance
• GDL 90 protocol for streaming traffic data to EFBs like ForeFlight and SkyDemon
• Worldwide interoperability (only one version)
• Previously optional features are now included: Radio Diversity (RFB), 1090 Receiver (ADS-B, Mode-S), IGC, ENL, and Audio. No need to purchase licenses.
• Updated antenna connectors — all screw-on
• Hassle-free upgrade from PowerFLARM Core


For complete details see:

http://www.craggyaero.com/fusion.htm

Standard Base Price $1795, Introductory Price $1526 until Jan 31, 2021

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Do they have any plans to include 978? I have a dual-band ADS-B receiver and Flarm. There is a large percentage of aircraft on 978 that I'm not seeing on Flarm.


Still not fully IGC approved. What a bummer. What's the story, why they lost it and issue a new product without it?


IGC approval document is on the GFAC website. http://www.ukiws.uk/GFAC/index.htm

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xian JH-7 pics 2 [5/7] - JH-7B is an advanced version of JH-7A. It has stealthier features compared to JH-7A..jpg (1/1) Miloch Aviation Photos 0 August 16th 18 02:41 PM
PowerFLARM USB 3 cables and ConnectMe to PowerFLARM through V7 Tim Taylor Soaring 20 June 17th 13 05:56 PM
PowerFLARM protocol version 6 kirk.stant Soaring 17 September 8th 12 10:03 AM
PowerFLARM Brick and PowerFLARM Remote Display Manuals Available Paul Remde Soaring 30 May 25th 12 11:58 PM
Any news on the "brick" version of PowerFlarm from the SSA convention? Andrzej Kobus Soaring 7 February 8th 12 05:29 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.