Look at this goof ball of a seller

Old March 4th 04, 09:55 PM
MRQB

Default Look at this goof ball of a seller

The nerve of this guy telling me I have a lot to learn, Looks like this guy
needs to learn how to read. This is the second time I have told this guy no
it seems like he forgets things or need to go learn the meaning of NO. First
he wanted to trade me for my Car I told him no a few months ago. I have
looked at airplanes with way better engine times for a lot less looks like
he is trying to recover his GPS costs and myself I don't care if I have a
GPS that's why we learned how to plot a course and navigate.

Goof Balls Airplane Ad http://www.planetraderz.com/details.asp?si=785&li=248

Good luck finding your "pie in the sky"... you must be very new to this
airplane business. Add to your wealth of knowledge that 1800 TBO is just
a recommendation... and when you buy that plane with old radios...
remember to bring your wallet with you. You have a lot to learn and it
looks like you will learn the hard way like most newbies...

Old March 5th 04, 01:02 AM
Stu Gotts

He's right, you do. If you think the airplane is worth 10K, why did
you bust his balls and tell him you've only got 15K to spend?

Old March 5th 04, 01:20 AM
Mike Fitzgerald

I think that YOU are the goofball, not the seller. With your cocky
know-it-all attitude I would lose interest real quick. Who needs nonsense
like this from people like you? Just buy the plane if you like it, or learn
to read that the price is firm and move on.

Old March 5th 04, 02:22 AM
Bob Fry

Dude, from your posts your are having continuous troubles with
sellers. That means, it's time to think about your attitude! Please
take this in a friendly way--yes, there are plenty of goofy sellers.
So what?

I wish I had written stories about all the goofy sellers I ran into.
One guy, supposedly an A&P, had refurbished his airplane and repainted
it--with a spray can under the awning of his double-wide. I am not
making this up, the wings looked like a spray can job and he even had
photos to prove it! He was quite proud of his ingenuity.

Another guy had a fairly runout looking plane, but the interior had
just been redone with--I am not making this up--electrically heated
seats! This was an Ercoupe. They were extremely well padded and since
I am 6 feet, the whole test flight (he flew) was with me bent over
like a pretzel. Afterwards, seeing I wasn't showing a lot of
enthusiasm, he pointed out the many interior pockets as a selling
point and said he would throw in his nice metal insulated coffee cup
free gratis.

Another guy had a plane that hadn't been used for so long there were
cobwebs hanging off it. I declined the opportunity of a test
flight. Another plane, nicely equipped and apparently well-maintained,
had a nearly runout engine and vibrated like crazy.

Why go on? You get the idea. The funny thing is, I had the time of
my life talking to these people, looking at their planes, and
sometimes flying with them. I didn't insult them. Each one thought
their plane was the best--and to them, it was. I had other opinions
and kept them to myself. I found something nice to say about each
one, politely made some excuses, and left.

I almost didn't look at the last plane on my list. But on a whim I
drove over to see it (2 hour drive). It looked good, and now I had
the experience to tell. His asking price was fair (I had learned what
a fair price was too), but I couldn't fly it as it was in annual. A
couple of weeks later he flew up to my airport to give me a test
flight. I accepted his price, conditional on my mechanic inspecting
it, which we did the next day. The deal was struck and I was a new
plane owner! Gad, the last time I was that nervous was on my wedding
day.
Old March 5th 04, 03:16 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Mike Fitzgerald" wrote in message
I think that YOU are the goofball, not the seller. With your cocky
know-it-all attitude I would lose interest real quick. Who needs nonsense
like this from people like you? Just buy the plane if you like it, or

learn
to read that the price is firm and move on.

Unfortunately, Fitzgerald's attitude is rather common. No wonder Americans
get taken to the cleaners so often.

Old March 5th 04, 04:06 AM
MRQB

Look again he sent me the message offering me the plane at $15,900 when my
add said $15,000 start from the bottom start at the bottom and read up.

Old March 5th 04, 04:31 AM
MRQB

Only a few Seller's most have been decent, but its the bad ones that make a
bad inpression and give the industory a bad name and they make me put my
shields up a bit more. I have learned a lot about buying over the last few
weeks.

Old March 5th 04, 05:19 AM
Mike Rapoport

They make the "industry" look bad? What industry are you talking about?
You are complaining about individuals who don't want to sell THEIR airplanes
for your price and/or terms. Think about that for a moment.

Mike
MU-2

Old March 5th 04, 06:09 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
hlink.net...
They make the "industry" look bad? What industry are you talking about?
You are complaining about individuals who don't want to sell THEIR

airplanes
for your price and/or terms. Think about that for a moment.

I beleive he said they would not allow inspections and would not dicker.

Mike
MU-2

The marketplace scene in "Life of Brian" comes to mind.

Wanna buy a gourd?

Extreme Reaction Force: U.S.E.R.F. drops the ball ... *.* Military Aviation 10 March 14th 04 06:01 PM
Sales tax due from seller? Nathan Young Owning 13 February 20th 04 03:30 AM
SS exhaust ball joints Stu Home Built 1 January 3rd 04 10:34 PM
WWII sperry ball turret sight FOR SALE George Shirley Military Aviation 0 August 23rd 03 10:56 PM