$1500 Cash Reward

Old June 11th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default $1500 Cash Reward---- Thieves Caught and Jailed

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:10:05 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in
:

Well, too bad. Don't want to enjoy a romantic interlude with Bubba tonight?
Don't hold up the 7-11 today.

I'd say you may benefit from having your moral compass reswung.
Clearly there is something causing it to deviate from the ethical and
just.

The intent of punishment for criminal behavior should be
rehabilitation, not vengeance. I believe restitution should play a
large role in sentencing. That way a criminal sees that s/he does not
benefit from their criminal acts, but compensates victims instead.

A fine idea. Who shall the criminal rob to come up with the compensation?

http://www.cdc.state.ca.us/Victims/d...ion_Survey.pdf
Increase the rate of restitution garnishment from inmates.The CDCR
collects restitution by garnishing inmate wages and trust
account deposits. Restitution garnishment rates have increased
from 20% in 2000 to 40% in 2005. In addition, regulations have
been adopted to increase them to 50% in January of 2007
(California Administrative Code, Title 15, Section 3097).Increases
in overall collections as a result of the increases in restitution
garnishment rates have been realized, as shown in the chart on
page 3

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/ovc/publica...lletin5/4.html
Attachment of State Payments to the Defendant

Some states allow by statute various state payments, which
ordinarily would first go to the defendant, to be used to satisfy
restitution orders. For example, Maryland and Wisconsin laws allow
a defendant’s lottery prize to be used to pay restitution.18 Iowa
requires that any witness fees paid to an inmate be applied toward
restitution.19 In Tennessee, 15 percent of the amount raised by
the sale of inmate arts and crafts must be applied to
restitution.20 Several states provide that whenever a prisoner is
awarded damages in a civil suit, the award must be used to pay
restitution.21

In Montana, any time a prisoner accumulates more than $200 in his
or her prison inmate trust account, the excess is forfeited and
used to pay any outstanding restitution.22 Similarly, Iowa law
requires its director of corrections to deduct restitution
payments, according to the inmate’s restitution plan, from the
inmate’s account, which consists of money received by the inmate
from any source.23

In some states, a defendant’s bond may be used to satisfy a
restitution order.24 Under an Illinois appellate court ruling,
courts may order that bond proceeds be applied to restitution even
when someone other than the defendant provided the money.25

Wages From Prison Work Programs

By law, many prison work programs must direct a portion of the
offender’s wages to the payment of restitution.26 Some statutes
apply only to programs within the prison,27 others to programs run
by private industry using prison labor,28 and still others to
work-release programs.29 Because California law requires a
deduction from prison wages for the payment of restitution, a
California appellate court has ruled that trial courts may presume
the payment of restitution from prison wages unless evidence shows
that a defendant would be ineligible.30

Old June 11th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:10:05 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in
:

Well, too bad. Don't want to enjoy a romantic interlude with Bubba tonight?
Don't hold up the 7-11 today.

I'd say you may benefit from having your moral compass reswung.
Clearly there is something causing it to deviate from the ethical and
just.

There's nothing wrong with my ethical compass. I don't take what belongs to
others and have no sympathy for those that do. As I said, we all get to make
choices. Nobody forces them to prey on society.

The intent of punishment for criminal behavior should be
rehabilitation, not vengeance. I believe restitution should play a
large role in sentencing. That way a criminal sees that s/he does not
benefit from their criminal acts, but compensates victims instead.

A fine idea. Who shall the criminal rob to come up with the compensation?

http://www.cdc.state.ca.us/Victims/d...ion_Survey.pdf
Increase the rate of restitution garnishment from inmates.The CDCR
collects restitution by garnishing inmate wages and trust
account deposits.

You listed a bunch of stuff I deleted simply for brevity. While they list many
different ways restitution can be made, I would suggest that an inmate's ability
to generate income is extremely limited. Don't they pay them pennies an hour
for the work they do while they're in the slammer? Even if they took every
penny, it would take them many lifetimes to earn enough to satisfy any
significant restitution order.

Of course, on the outside, they can steal enough to satisfy it in short order if
they get busy visiting our fellow citizens. That's not acceptable in my book.
Maybe you're the one who needs his compass swung.

I am curious where all this sympathy for prisoners comes from. Somebody close
to you been incarcerated? How about you?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old June 11th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jun 11, 8:51 am, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:14:11 -0000, wrote in
.com:

On Jun 10, 1:50 am, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 20:22:36 -0000, wrote in
.com:

Well, now these young men get to find out what its like in an ass-
pounding prison...

So, in your mind the just punishment for burglary is anal rape?

Larry,

So I take it you never saw the movie "Office Space"... you obviously
don't get the humor reference.

I don't find condoning criminality humorous. Leno and other comedians
make similar references with impunity, but it undermines our nation's
sense of justice, and is a disservice.

If you don't want to be taken literally, I respectfully suggest you
append a :-) to your comments.

Larry, I think your underwear are too tight... :-)

Old June 11th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:58:05 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in
:

I am curious where all this sympathy for prisoners comes from.

Reread what I wrote, and cite those portions in which you feel I'm
being sympathetic toward prisoners. You won't find any.

The issue I'm attempting to raise is that condoning criminal behavior
undermines our nation's justice system. It's not about sympathy for
prisoners; it's about humane and just treatment for my fellow man, the
dignity of our nation, and judicial due process.

Would you empower criminals to rob us of that by turning a blind eye
to crimes committed in prisons?

With the corruption rampant in Congress, and the blatant disregard for
Constitutional protections by the Executive branch, the Judicial
branch was the last bastion of respectability. When the people lose
respect for the law, the nation will be ripe for revolution.

Somebody close to you been incarcerated?

Nope. How about you?

How about you?

I've never been in jail nor charged with anything other than the
occasional motor vehicle infraction.

How about you?

Old June 11th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
Bob Noel wrote:

Tossing someone in jail also (should) have a side-effect of protecting
society from a criminal (at least until rehabilitated).

Are you using Paris Hilton as an example?
Old June 11th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Larry Dighera wrote:
Somebody close to you been incarcerated?

Nope. How about you?

Nope.

How about you?

I've never been in jail nor charged with anything other than the
occasional motor vehicle infraction.

How about you?

Still nope. Like I said, life is all about choices. Mine have kept me out of
jail, though like you I have a heavy right foot.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old June 11th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

john smith wrote:
In article ,
Bob Noel wrote:

Tossing someone in jail also (should) have a side-effect of protecting
society from a criminal (at least until rehabilitated).

Are you using Paris Hilton as an example?

For the next 5 weeks or so we won't have to worry about meeting her on a dark
highway after she's had a snoot full. After that, who knows? With any luck she
will have become educated to the consequences of ignoring the DUI statutes... or
the judge.

None of us stays young and stupid forever. She could change.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old June 11th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:25:49 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in
:

I have a heavy right foot.

I have heard that is common among pilots, but I have no credible
evidence to support it.

Wanted Cambridge 1500 mount Andy Soaring 1 October 19th 05 12:33 AM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Home Built 3 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Soaring 2 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
Compaq Aero 1500 Cradle PENN2P Soaring 1 October 18th 04 06:04 PM
1500 K in Sierra Wave?? Gary Kemp Soaring 1 March 31st 04 05:26 AM