Air America breaking news: "USA to fingerprint ALL visitors !!!"

Old April 4th 04, 10:05 AM
Marie Lewis

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
om...
In article ,
"Marie Lewis" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message

If people were worried about bureaucratic nosiness, they wouldn't go

most of Europe in the first place.

You show your ignorance.

No, I show that *you* apparently don't know anything about your own home
country, or how it really compares to the US...

Indeed I do: when we first went to the USA, many years ago, we loved it and
even thought about emigrating.
The second time, we began to see the drawbacks.
Now nothing would encourage us to spend more than a short holiday there, and
that only when you stop being so up yourselves.
So the offer by our LA relatives to have us live with them in the winters is
happily rejected.

Please describe your detailed knowledge of all other countries in the world.

Old April 4th 04, 10:09 AM
Marie Lewis

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
In article ,
"Lennart Petersen" wrote:

99% ? Interesting. I transferred recently in 6 minutes from

International
to domestic including security check. Was in Sandefjord Norway.
How many transfers international-domestic are done in less 6 minutes in

U.S
?

You're taking a very unusual example (EU internal transfers), and
pretending that it's common worldwide.

Now, *that's* interesting.

Please give us, with descriptions, the names of the other countries you have
visited , with the de
times of delays at immigration.

Old April 4th 04, 10:11 AM
Marie Lewis

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
om...
99% ? Interesting. I transferred recently in 6 minutes from
International to domestic including security check. Was in
Sandefjord Norway. How many transfers international-domestic are
done in less 6 minutes in U.S?

You're taking a very unusual example (EU internal transfers), and
pretending that it's common worldwide.

Now, *that's* interesting.

Take a look at the previous post.

I did. It's even funnier. He's comparing a country that has less
international airline passengers per year than *Orlando*, which isn't
even in the top 5 international airports in the US...

Why are the lines longer to get into the US? Because more people *fly*
there. And, by the way, we're having a record year for tourism of all
types...

The you should have more immigration officers on duty. Simple.
If you do not, then complaints will multiply and tourist numbers will
diminish.

Old April 4th 04, 10:12 AM
Marie Lewis

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
om...
In article ,
Peter Kemp wrote:

So how do you explain Heathrow, one of the busiest airports in the
wolrd (in the top 5 IIRC), and which has significantly shorter lines
than any US airport I've eneterd the US at (7 so far and counting)?

Many more bureaucrats working the incoming lines. Pretty simple, really.

And a simple way to make travel easier and more pleasant.

You really are funny. I bet you have never left the USA.
Not that I want you to: much better for us that you stay there.

Old April 4th 04, 10:14 AM
Sjoerd

"Chad Irby" schreef in bericht
om...

But for the 200 to 500 mile range, people over here have *cars*, which
gives them much more flexibility. And the continental US is 3000 miles
across.

I own a nice car. But I travel by train often when it is more convenient. I
get to read a nice book or the newspaper, I can stare out of the window and
relax, I arrive fresh, I get to chat to interesting people of various age
groups, etc, etc. Many advantages of travelling by train.

Sjoerd

Old April 4th 04, 10:19 AM
Marie Lewis

"Quantum Foam Guy" wrote in message
Name one terrorist attack in the UK financed by the USA. Stuff that

happened
200 years ago doesn't count.

I know what you are referring to, of course. The US government didn't fund
IRA terrorists, Marie,

I did not say the US givernment had financed the IRA. I may suspect that
iut did, but I have no proof, so I would not write that.

unless Ted Kennedy had a secret slush fund that we
don't know about.

Possible.

To say the USA "financed" the IRA is therefore very
disengenuous of you.

Not at all.

What happened in the 1970s and 1980s was a group of
private stoopid Irish-American citizens (not the American government) gave
money to the IRA. Victims of IRA violence should sue in US courts the

morons
who did this. I can only wonder why this hasn't happened.

We are not so litigious as you.

I respect your opinion about fingerprinting, Marie. I truly do. As a
life-long member of the Labour Party, I'm sure you won't be voting for the
Tories. So when UK customs and integration begins fingerprinting inbound
visitors to the UK, who will you vote for?

Probably the Liberal Democrats, possibly the Greens. I would study their
manifestos and decide, as any sensible person should.
The Labour party of today is not the one I joined.

Marie

Old April 4th 04, 10:26 AM
Marie Lewis

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
om...
In article ,
Peter Kemp wrote:

Still takes too bloody long though - of the 30+ countries I've been
to, entering over half I've never had to spend more than 20 seconds at
immigration (and quite often just walk past showing the *outside* of
my UK passport), and I'll be buggered if they're getting my
fingerprints without a fight.

Really funny.

The folks from countries with government-sponsored health care, with the
government knowing the results of their last rectal exams, are worried
about fingerprints...

You really think the UK governemnt is interested in such things? Reductio
ad absurdum is a weak form of argument.

In any case, what you obviously do not know is that hospital records are not
held on computer he they are paper records. This causes some problems
(mine have been lost in the past for a while, and when I use different
hospitals, they have to be sent by courier) but it does ensure that not
everyone can look at them.

Each GP (the primary care doctor) has its own computer system, not linked to
others.
Privacy is important here.

Try to find anyone British, who has ever needed to use the NHS, who would
like to get rid of it.

Old April 4th 04, 10:27 AM
Marie Lewis

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
. com...
In article ,
AJC wrote:

Oh dear, you really really should save up and try to get out of your
village up in the hills there, and see a bit of the real world at
least once.

Hey, nice insult. I'm not only right, but *you* knew I was right..

By the way, my "little village in the hills" is a city of over a
million...

That's hardly a "city" by our standards.
And do you ever leave it?

Old April 4th 04, 10:28 AM
Marie Lewis

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
om...
In article , nobody
wrote:

Brian wrote:
So how can we identify a person other than fingerprints? Passports,
DLs, and every other form of ID have been no problem to duplicate
for terrorists.

And just how will the usa verify your fingerprints ?

By comparing them to known terrorists. Pretty simple, really. They can
fake IDs (or get them issued "officially" from many countries), but it's
a bit harder to fake fingerprints.

If you're a foreigner who has never been to the USA, your
fingerprints will be "virgin".

Not so. We have a lot of records of known bad guys from other sources.

"Bad guys"? I now realise you are a teenager.

Old April 4th 04, 10:29 AM
Marie Lewis

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
"Marie Lewis" wrote:

In my country UK) fingerprints mean you are suspected of having committed

crime.
That is why we object.

Doesn't your military fingerprint it's members?...they do in
Canada...

Possibly. I have never been in the army. Maybe someone who has will
enlighten us.
So, possibly, my claim relates to civilians. That does not weaken it,
however.,