I Wanna Build an Aeroplane

Old August 9th 03, 12:52 PM
Warren & Nancy

I couldn't get the pics tocome up!

Richard Lamb wrote:

"Capt. Doug" wrote:

Badwater Bill wrote in messageI built a 36x36 shop this spring too. I put
a 10 foot high garage door on it that's 18 feet wide too. I'm all set.
I can wheel an R-22 in and out of there.

10' high doors work for the R-22, but I'm wondering if an R-44 can fit by
tilting the machine backwards or maybe sideways on a trick dolly.

D.

While we are on this particular drift,

I really need ground gear for my lawn ornament.
http://home.flash.net/~lamb01/rvn.htm/v_loh01c.jpg

A dolly won't work due to low doors...

I need to be able to move it around easier.
Pipe rollers and a bunch of helpers is not convenient.

Anybody have a clue?

Richard

Old August 9th 03, 03:05 PM
Bill Higdon

I got there doing this goto http://home.flash.net/~lamb01/, then click
on the Viet Nam Service Ribbon/Medal
Bill HIgdon

Old August 9th 03, 03:55 PM
Rich S.

"Richard Lamb" wrote in message

While we are on this particular drift,

I really need ground gear for my lawn ornament.
http://home.flash.net/~lamb01/rvn.htm/v_loh01c.jpg

A dolly won't work due to low doors...

I need to be able to move it around easier.
Pipe rollers and a bunch of helpers is not convenient.

Anybody have a clue?

Richard

Air skids. http://www.hovair.com/air-bearings/a...ther-terms.htm

Rich S.

Old August 12th 03, 01:07 AM
Kevin O'Brien

In article , Ken Sandyeggo
says...

Yes Bernie it does. With centerline thrust, there is no force above
the vertical center of gravity to push it over. You need thrust above
the vertical center of gravity in order to experience
(once-in-a-lifetime only) a buntover. Once you do it, at least you
don't ever have to worry about doing it again.

Actually, Ken, you could still manually bunt the thing over with the stick.
Can't think of why anyone
would. The AAI redesign does seem to eliminate power pushover (the most common
cause of
bunting), and reduces the divergent pitch-recovery mode that leads to PIO (the
next most common
cause). It also takes out that long slow oscillation that RAF's have.

I have been following the AAI thing for a while... spent a couple hours with Jim
Mayfield at
Mentone... spent more time at Fondy during OSH... flew it slightly (not much).
The demonstrators
they have been using are not their new gyro but modified RAF's like yours.
Theirs is going to have
a slightly larger cabin as well.

I have a big story I'm working up on the whole AAI vs RAF thing... RAF is
demoralised, and many of
their dealers have bailed. But others are standing by out of loyalty. It's kind
of a mess.

RAF's answer is a sort of a trim vane mounted to the rotor mast, behind the
cabin. They call it the
Rotor Stabilator. Seen it?

cheers

-=K=-

Rule #1: Don't hit anything big.

Old August 12th 03, 06:32 AM
Bob

What the F__k, over?"

--
Bob

Copyright 2002
Permission given for nonprofit use only.
Badwater Bill wrote in message
On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 05:28:30 GMT, "Bob"
wrote:

Hey Billy-
You got all them pile-it letters but not the good ones. A & P and WTFO.

You got me. What is WTFO? White, tar and feathers officer?

What is it? Something ending with Flight Officer?

BWB

Old August 12th 03, 07:43 AM
Ken Sandyeggo

Kevin O'Brien wrote in message ...
[...]

Kevin,

I'm not a real technical bug, but you're right, I should have said
"power-pushover." I've seen photos of it. Minds that are more
scientific and knowledgeable than mine analyzed the RAF "stabilator"
and pronounced it basically worthless on the gyro forum. RAF says
that it "stabilizes the rotor." The gyro forum is down right now.
When it comes back up, I'll copy and paste the analysis of the RAF
stabilator. As far as I know, they only have 3 dealers left in the
U.S. There were four left, but the one in Florida got all his tickets
suspended for a year. (They had around a dozen just a few years ago.
They lost their New Zealand and Australian dealers also.) It was for
instructing in an illegal gyro, but he's the one that had about 4
students and a passenger die in unstabbed RAFs after taking lessons
from him in less than a year. I think you have to read between the
lines on the FAA's findings. I think that they needed to get him on
the ground for awhile someway.

My converted gyro flies like a dream now. It was a great investment
on the conversion. No more pitching and yawing all over the place.

Ken J. - Sandy A. Ghowe

-=K=-

Rule #1: Don't hit anything big.

Old August 12th 03, 08:07 AM
Richard Lamb

A less formal version of the interogative, The F comma What.

Bob wrote:

What the F__k, over?"

--
Bob

Old August 12th 03, 11:34 PM
Dave Hyde

pac plyer wrote:

In my opinion this is a motocross term; WTFO: Wide Throttle, Full
Open. It is not used in aviation.

The definition given previously is common in Naval aviation.
Can't say I've heard it alot WRT GA, but I've done *my* part :-)

http://www.hazegray.org/faq/slang2.htm

Dave 'fubar' Hyde

Old August 13th 03, 08:14 AM
pac plyer

Dave Hyde wrote in message ...
pac plyer wrote:

In my opinion this is a motocross term; WTFO: Wide Throttle, Full
Open. It is not used in aviation.

The definition given previously is common in Naval aviation.
Can't say I've heard it alot WRT GA, but I've done *my* part :-)

http://www.hazegray.org/faq/slang2.htm

Dave 'fubar' Hyde

Gee Mr Fubar, I use that term all the time. Never heard anybody
include "WTFO" as a rating before! Really took the polar route on me.
I mangled the dirt bike WFO to get someone to react and spell it out
for me.

Next time, I'll RTFQ closer (clever secret airline term)

pac "spoof" plyer
Old August 13th 03, 01:44 PM
nafod40

Dave Hyde wrote:

pac plyer wrote:

I mangled the dirt bike WFO to get someone to react and spell it out
for me.

Here's another one for you: MOTO

Mewing Of The Orphans? :-)

Dave 'AMF, YOYO' Hyde