SMA Diesel 182 Enroute 37 hour Test Flight

Old March 16th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default SMA Diesel 182 Enroute 37 hour Test Flight

Well I have about 9 hours in the 182 SMA seems to be a Good Engine,
Very Odd Fuel Burn...

Full Power 4 3,000 FT hours Burned 45 Gallons Jet A
Full Power Another 4 Hours 1,500' Burned 31 Gallons

POH Supplement Says The Fuel Data/Range Is Not Approved. I can see
why...

I have a few other safety issues I will explain later... will post
updates as I go and A conclusion.... With all issues.
Old March 16th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Mar 16, 7:12 pm, wrote:
Well I have about 9 hours in the 182 SMA seems to be a Good Engine,
Very Odd Fuel Burn...

Full Power 4 3,000 FT hours Burned 45 Gallons Jet A
Full Power Another 4 Hours 1,500' Burned 31 Gallons

POH Supplement Says The Fuel Data/Range Is Not Approved. I can see
why...

I have a few other safety issues I will explain later... will post
updates as I go and A conclusion.... With all issues.

Ahh!!!! Not Faa Approved... Will scan Pages with info...
Old March 17th 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Mar 17, 5:26 am, Roger wrote:
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:12:42 -0700 (PDT),

wrote:
Well I have about 9 hours in the 182 SMA seems to be a Good Engine,
Very Odd Fuel Burn...

Full Power 4 3,000 FT hours Burned 45 Gallons Jet A
Full Power Another 4 Hours 1,500' Burned 31 Gallons

Boy, would I like a 280 to 300HP version for the Deb.

POH Supplement Says The Fuel Data/Range Is Not Approved. I can see
why...

I have a few other safety issues I will explain later... will post
updates as I go and A conclusion.... With all issues.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)www.rogerhalstead.com

From what i am seeing there needs to be some improvement. 100hr AD
exhaust replacement major flaw in fuel system....etc...
Old March 19th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger[_4_]

wrote:
Well I have about 9 hours in the 182 SMA seems to be a Good Engine,
Very Odd Fuel Burn...

Full Power 4 3,000 FT hours Burned 45 Gallons Jet A
Full Power Another 4 Hours 1,500' Burned 31 Gallons

Boy, would I like a 280 to 300HP version for the Deb.

POH Supplement Says The Fuel Data/Range Is Not Approved. I can see
why...

I have a few other safety issues I will explain later... will post
updates as I go and A conclusion.... With all issues.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

From what i am seeing there needs to be some improvement. 100hr AD
exhaust replacement major flaw in fuel system....etc...

But not unexpected for an engine they are working on toward
certification.

Old March 19th 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote:
Well I have about 9 hours in the 182 SMA seems to be a Good Engine,
Very Odd Fuel Burn...

Full Power 4 3,000 FT hours Burned 45 Gallons Jet A
Full Power Another 4 Hours 1,500' Burned 31 Gallons

Boy, would I like a 280 to 300HP version for the Deb.

POH Supplement Says The Fuel Data/Range Is Not Approved. I can see
why...

I have a few other safety issues I will explain later... will post
updates as I go and A conclusion.... With all issues.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)www.rogerhalstead.com

From what i am seeing there needs to be some improvement. 100hr AD
exhaust replacement major flaw in fuel system....etc...

But not unexpected for an engine they are working on toward
certification.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)www.rogerhalstead.com

Well it's STCed I dobut it will ever become certified.... I am amazed
it's approved by STC.... And the Yahoos that did the conversion must
ahve gotten they A&P And IA from a Diploma Mill.