CPL + IR for less than 30 k USD?

Old December 26th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Pawel Neugebauer

Default CPL + IR for less than 30 k USD?

Dears,

Does anybody know some reasonable cheap piloting course for CPL with IR
(Instructor), inc. accomodation at the school? Am I correct - that South
Africa - would be the cheapest way, also concerning accomodation costs?

Looking forward to hear from you,
--
PN

Old December 26th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Pawel,

Does anybody know some reasonable cheap piloting course

You want to learn how to fly? You want to learn that as the the basis
of your professional life? Then I'm not sure "cheap" is the top
priority.

First, you'll need to decide what kind of license/certificate you want
to get. US or European/JAA is basically what it comes down to. Depends
on where and how you want to work. I have no idea how a South African
license is recognized in the rest of the world - but you need to find
out if it would be of any use to you. There is no "worldwide" CPL/IR.

Second, for basic CPL and IR, 30000 should get you pretty far both in
the US and Europe. If that education is enough to get a job in the
market, depends a lot on the job you're looking for.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 26th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A Sdfghjkl

Dear Thomas,

Thanks a lot for taking time to write this reply.

Yes, indeed - I thought of changing my proffesional life somewhat. Thought
of taking the aviation course up to CPL + instructor rating which would
allow me to catch some temporary job at the flight school and while teaching
others - also built up my hours and look around for some further steps.

I actually thought of later working in companies like e.g. www.pactec.com -
that's why I thought of learning in SA - where they apparently train best
for this type of the job (IMO)

The factor of taking a "cheapest" course is important - because I can
dispose only limited budget - that's U$ 30k and that's it. I do bear in mind
that one could get stuck with not finished course and a lack of budgets - so
there must be some reserve.

As for the type of licence - would like to work in...well in the world
generally + maybe Europe. I thought that maybe some more experienced pilots
or related proffesionals would give their tips on how the career could be
organised.

Thanks again and all the best.

P.