Identification needed please

Old March 28th 07, 01:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Wilson

Default Identification needed please

Being new to commercial aeoroplane photographing I don't yet know the
differences between types of aircraft (but am able to distinguish between
737/747/757). Is there a website that anyone can point me to that offers
photos of all the commercial aircraft that are used in the world.
I saw an aircraft in the sky about 5 minutes after take off from LBA this
afternoon and it had no engines on the wings but two attached either side of
the tail. I looked in the small number of photos that I have from this group
and only a TU-154 was anything like but it surely couldn't be this - any
ideas please?
Many thanks
ajw

-----------------
-----------------
Old March 28th 07, 02:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
H Milton Lewis

How about Lockheed Jetstar?

Old March 28th 07, 02:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Daniel[_2_]

Could have been several, Boeing 727, Fokker F100, Canadair Regional Jet, or
any number of business jets. A pic would help, or at least a better
description (colors, names, numbers, ect.) Try browsing
http://www.airliners.net

Old March 28th 07, 05:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bobby Galvez

Andrew Wilson wrote:

Being new to commercial aeoroplane photographing I don't yet know the
differences between types of aircraft (but am able to distinguish between
737/747/757). Is there a website that anyone can point me to that offers
photos of all the commercial aircraft that are used in the world.
I saw an aircraft in the sky about 5 minutes after take off from LBA this
afternoon and it had no engines on the wings but two attached either side of
the tail. I looked in the small number of photos that I have from this group
and only a TU-154 was anything like but it surely couldn't be this - any
ideas please?
Many thanks

Probably an RAF VC -10.

[Image]

Two engines to either side of the fuselage back by the tail.

BobbyG

Old March 28th 07, 05:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron Monroe

I would go to Airliners.net. There, you can look at photos of every airliner
flying. You can search by type, or look at random pictures. Each has a
caption describing what you are looking at.

There are a number of airplanes with 2 engines on the rear of the fuselage.
That design concept fas been flying since the late 50s.
Ron

Old March 28th 07, 01:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Wilson

Many thanks for all your help and suggestions. The plane in question was
quite high up and no markings were visible. I would think that it was an
MD-80 as the body was very long (like a 757) so unlikely to be a F100.
Operators at LBA don't use this aircraft on scheduled services but it may
have been a holiday charter flight.
Thanks again
Andrew Wilson

ink.net...

Old March 28th 07, 01:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Wilson

Apologies, I meant MD-90.
Andrew Wilson

"Andrew Wilson" wrote in message
Many thanks for all your help and suggestions. The plane in question was
quite high up and no markings were visible. I would think that it was an
MD-80 as the body was very long (like a 757) so unlikely to be a F100.
Operators at LBA don't use this aircraft on scheduled services but it may
have been a holiday charter flight.
Thanks again
Andrew Wilson

ink.net...

Old March 28th 07, 06:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Daryl Bryant[_2_]

"Andrew Wilson" wrote in message
Being new to commercial aeoroplane photographing I don't yet know the
differences between types of aircraft (but am able to distinguish between
737/747/757). Is there a website that anyone can point me to that offers
photos of all the commercial aircraft that are used in the world.
I saw an aircraft in the sky about 5 minutes after take off from LBA this
afternoon and it had no engines on the wings but two attached either side

of
the tail. I looked in the small number of photos that I have from this

group
and only a TU-154 was anything like but it surely couldn't be this - any

Tupolev Tu-154 - Is a Russian airliner - looks similar to a 727!

--
Bing, Bang, BOOM, Voila-Done!

Old March 28th 07, 10:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron Monroe

MD-80 works too. As well as the DC-9-80. MD-82, MD-88, 717.. They are all
based on the same airframe, with little differences here and there.
Ron

"Andrew Wilson" wrote in message
Apologies, I meant MD-90.
Andrew Wilson

"Andrew Wilson" wrote in message
Many thanks for all your help and suggestions. The plane in question was
quite high up and no markings were visible. I would think that it was an
MD-80 as the body was very long (like a 757) so unlikely to be a F100.
Operators at LBA don't use this aircraft on scheduled services but it may
have been a holiday charter flight.
Thanks again
Andrew Wilson

ink.net...

Old March 28th 07, 11:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
H Milton Lewis

Serves me right for getting into this discussion. The man said TWO
engines on EITHER side of the fuselage. My mathematics says this
gives a total of FOUR engines. Sorry for my confusion. What is the
total number of engines (excepting the APU) powering this aircraft?