The salvage of flight 1549

Old February 12th 09, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tech Support

Default The salvage of flight 1549

John

No.

My back channel sources tell me that one of the boats ran into it
during the passenger recovery phase. Also broke one of the cockpit
windows. Neither were damaged during ditching.

I have an excellent series of photo's (photographer unknown) as an
attachment. If anyone can take and set up so group can see let me know
and will e-mail to you.

Big John

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:41:51 -0800 (PST), ContestID67
wrote:

What I found interesting is that the radome and left side of the nose
was damaged. I assume that this was from the bird strikes.

- John "No Conspiracy" DeRosa

Old February 13th 09, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

This morning, the site started displaying a message that the NTSB
asked for the gallery be taken temporarily offline! It still has the
message as of a minute ago.

On Feb 11, 6:10*pm, ContestID67 wrote:
Hopefully this link works better.

http://www.stephenmallon.com/gallery...0salvage%20of%....

Old February 13th 09, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Goddard

" wrote in message
:

This morning, the site started displaying a message that the NTSB
asked for the gallery be taken temporarily offline!

Why the hell would they do that!? And under what authority can they do
it?

Zero One

Old February 13th 09, 06:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Feb 12, 9:06*pm, "Larry Goddard" wrote:
" wrote in message

:

This morning, the site started displaying a message that the NTSB
asked for the gallery be taken temporarily offline!

Why the hell would they do that!? *And under what authority can they do
it?

Zero One

Well the guy had access to the interior of the aircraft and obviously
the work site, he was either there with or without NTSB permission. If
with (he was working for them) I suspect the NTSB think they might
control the release of the images (and all are obviously public
information eventually). If not I suspect the NTSB might be
considering whether to tighten the vice the guys head is stuck in.

Nice photos though. Some are still reproduced here.
http://mrod.wordpress.com/2009/02/12...om-the-hudson/

Darryl

Old February 13th 09, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
309

There are lots of "conspiracy theories" swirling around the A320.

check out: http://www.crashdehabsheim.net/CRenglish%20phot.pdf

Remain calm, all is well.

NTSB Releases US Air 1549 ATC Audio: Hear It in This Podcast Paul Remde Soaring 0 February 5th 09 08:24 PM
US Airways Flight 1549 visits Jersey City, NJ Bertie the Bunyip[_28_] Piloting 0 February 3rd 09 06:31 AM
ditching airbus flt 1549 Private Piloting 13 January 26th 09 02:12 AM
LET L-23 Salvage Roy Bourgeois Soaring 3 July 17th 04 05:24 AM
Salvage brien Rotorcraft 1 November 7th 03 06:15 PM