SunTiger Sunglassas

Old December 10th 15, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5U

Default SunTiger Sunglassas

Does anyone know if these glasses are still available. If not can you recommend a different manufacture. Thanks,5U
Old December 10th 15, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
3j

At 16:24 10 December 2015, 5U wrote:
Does anyone know if these glasses are still available. If not can you
recommend a different manufacture. Thanks,5U

They were bought out be Eagle Eye.

I just received a new pair. I have not had a chance to use them in the
air, but I do not think that they provide the sharp cloud definition
that I enjoyed with my SunTiger sunglasses.

Jim

Old December 10th 15, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

You could look he http://www.suntiger.com/

I use Tifosi sunglasses with built in reading lenses. They work very
well for me. Note: You probably don't want polarized glasses. They
mess up reading some of your instruments (mine, at least).

--
Dan, 5J

Old December 10th 15, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner

http://sunglasspolarized.net

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old December 10th 15, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 9:11:49 AM UTC-8, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
http://sunglasspolarized.net

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

The Suntigers on the site above are not polarized. I get them perscription with bifocals medium distance readers.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old December 10th 15, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

These gentleman who owns the store (whose name escapes me) was great to work with. Advice - call and talk to him. You get a better price on the phone than on-line.

My $0.02 - I now fly with dark polarized lenses in all but the flattest light. After going back and forth between the non-polarized Sun Tigers and the polarized dark (mirrored) lenses, I settled on the polarized dark glasses.

Both are prescription glasses with variable bi-focal lenses.

I always carry the Sun Tigers to the field "just in case".

Lou
Old December 10th 15, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5U

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 11:24:22 AM UTC-5, 5U wrote:
Does anyone know if these glasses are still available. If not can you recommend a different manufacture. Thanks,5U

Found them. Thanks Guys. 5U
Old December 12th 15, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glider RN

I have purchased them for several years and had excellent service from Edgar Garcia at Elton Optics in Las Vegas. Web site at http://sunglasspolarized.net/
lists Sun Tiger - Avian 515 for Soaring Pilots.
Old March 11th 16, 11:31 PM
JJL JJL is offline
Junior Member

I love my Scheyden glasses for flying!
Old February 3rd 18, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Friday, December 11, 2015 at 10:44:42 PM UTC-5, Glider RN wrote:
I have purchased them for several years and had excellent service from Edgar Garcia at Elton Optics in Las Vegas. Web site at http://sunglasspolarized.net/
lists Sun Tiger - Avian 515 for Soaring Pilots.

Does anyone know if Elton Optics still exists? I need to get a new pair of prescription sunglasses. I called Elton Optics and the call was answered by Eagle Eyes automated service.
I used to order his Avian 515 Non-Polarized Lens. They are great and the service was very good.