IS-29

Old May 17th 11, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_18_]

Default IS-29

I have a friend looking at rebuilding an IS-29 lark.

Are parts available? Does it have a life limit like the 28?

Thanks,
Jim
Old May 17th 11, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ray conlon

On May 17, 12:53*pm, Jim wrote:
I have a friend looking at rebuilding an IS-29 lark.

Are parts available? Does it have a life limit like the 28?

Thanks,
Jim

The factory IAR Brosov had a web page...there is a guy in Canada who
has a very low time one that suffered wind damage in a storm that's
almost new...Parts? I had his email somewhere I will look for it.
Old May 17th 11, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On May 17, 11:53*am, Jim wrote:
I have a friend looking at rebuilding an IS-29 lark.

Are parts available? Does it have a life limit like the 28?

Thanks,
Jim

Not sure if parts are available (though Blanik parts may fit in some
cases) but it definitely has a life limit, and a factory approved
inspection method for life extension.

Kirk
Old May 17th 11, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On May 17, 12:47*pm, "kirk.stant" wrote:
On May 17, 11:53*am, Jim wrote:

I have a friend looking at rebuilding an IS-29 lark.

Are parts available? Does it have a life limit like the 28?

Thanks,
Jim

Not sure if parts are available (though Blanik parts may fit in some
cases) but it definitely has a life limit, and a factory approved
inspection method for life extension.

Kirk

really? i found a pdf of the flight and maintenance manual online as
well as the faa type certificate and didn't see anything about a life
limit. there are no AD's against the IS-29 that I can find in the FAA
database.
Old May 17th 11, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ray conlon

On May 17, 12:53*pm, Jim wrote:
I have a friend looking at rebuilding an IS-29 lark.

Are parts available? Does it have a life limit like the 28?

Thanks,
Jim

email: addresses

,

Howard Allmon used to be the Lark importer:

Old May 17th 11, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

On May 17, 11:53*am, Jim wrote:

I have a friend looking at rebuilding an IS-29 lark.

Are parts available? Does it have a life limit like the 28?

Thanks,
Jim

Not sure if parts are available (though Blanik parts may fit in some
cases) but it definitely has a life limit, and a factory approved
inspection method for life extension.

Kirk

really? i found a pdf of the flight and maintenance manual online as
well as the faa type certificate and didn't see anything about a life
limit. *there are no AD's against the IS-29 that I can find in the FAA
database.

I looked at the TCDS for both the -28 and -29 and neither mentioned
life limits. I found a POH for the single seat Lark and it did not
mention life limits.
Old May 17th 11, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On May 17, 11:53*am, Jim wrote:

I have a friend looking at rebuilding an IS-29 lark.

Are parts available? Does it have a life limit like the 28?

Thanks,
Jim

Not sure if parts are available (though Blanik parts may fit in some
cases) but it definitely has a life limit, and a factory approved
inspection method for life extension.

Kirk

really? i found a pdf of the flight and maintenance manual online as
well as the faa type certificate and didn't see anything about a life
limit. *there are no AD's against the IS-29 that I can find in the FAA
database.

I looked at the TCDS for both the -28 and -29 and neither mentioned
life limits. I found a POH for the single seat Lark and it did not
mention life limits.

i've never been able to find definitive documentation (besides RAS
posts) online proving that life limits exist in the USA. Although my
CFIG owned a IS28B2 Lark when I was training and did a life extension
on it so I assume it is in fact somehow required.
Old May 17th 11, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

On May 17, 11:53*am, Jim wrote:

[...]

There was a 2 seat Lark in the club when I first joined. I remember a
30yr calendar life limit that was extended with factory approved
inspection and replacement of some life limit (time) parts like
control pushrods.
Old May 18th 11, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_18_]

really? i found a pdf of the flight and maintenance manual online as
well as the faa type certificate and didn't see anything about a life
limit. *there are no AD's against the IS-29 that I can find in the FAA
database.

Thanks for the comments, do you have a link to the online manuals?

I owned an IS-28 years ago when the life limit issue became a big deal
but don’t remember anything being said about the 29.

Has anybody that’s flown one want to comment on flying qualities?

Thanks,
Jim
Old May 18th 11, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

http://www.tbss.us/txfiles/POH%20Bra...9D2%20Lark.pdf