Travis "c-5 burger"

Old September 27th 03, 06:56 AM
miso

Default Travis "c-5 burger"

OK, is there such a thing as a "C-5" burger served at Travis AFB?
Old September 27th 03, 03:52 PM
C Knowles

Back a few years, when there was a terminal cafeteria, there was indeed a
(1/2 lb?) C-5 burger. Also a smaller C-141 sandwich.
Unfortunately, the cafeteria is gone and with it the specialized burgers. I
believe the tiny AAFES snack bar that replaced it has just the standard
"hamburger."

Curt

"miso" wrote in message
om...
OK, is there such a thing as a "C-5" burger served at Travis AFB?

Old September 27th 03, 06:03 PM
Jim Knoyle

"C Knowles" wrote in message
news
Back a few years, when there was a terminal cafeteria, there was indeed a
(1/2 lb?) C-5 burger. Also a smaller C-141 sandwich.
Unfortunately, the cafeteria is gone and with it the specialized burgers.

believe the tiny AAFES snack bar that replaced it has just the standard
"hamburger."

Curt

"miso" wrote in message
om...
OK, is there such a thing as a "C-5" burger served at Travis AFB?

Totally off topic:
I'm heading to a Taxi location in downtown Palo Alto
(or one of their other locations) for a Mushroom Swiss Burger
and a side of Onion Rings. Usually add a Mug Root Beer.
What ever happened to Kirks?
JK

Old September 27th 03, 06:05 PM
Yeff

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 14:52:04 GMT, C Knowles wrote:

Back a few years, when there was a terminal cafeteria, there was indeed a
(1/2 lb?) C-5 burger. Also a smaller C-141 sandwich.
Unfortunately, the cafeteria is gone and with it the specialized burgers. I
believe the tiny AAFES snack bar that replaced it has just the standard
"hamburger."

Speaking of AAFES burgers...

I remember the bowling alley at Misawa AB in Japan used to sell a "Bowl
Burger". Don't know which was better, the huge amount of meat and fixings
that came with it or the Swedish dependant wife that worked the counter.
Yum.

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com
Old September 27th 03, 06:12 PM
Bill Silvey

"Yeff" wrote in message

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 14:52:04 GMT, C Knowles wrote:

Back a few years, when there was a terminal cafeteria, there was
indeed a (1/2 lb?) C-5 burger. Also a smaller C-141 sandwich.
Unfortunately, the cafeteria is gone and with it the specialized
burgers. I believe the tiny AAFES snack bar that replaced it has
just the standard "hamburger."

Speaking of AAFES burgers...

I remember the bowling alley at Misawa AB in Japan used to sell a
"Bowl Burger". Don't know which was better, the huge amount of meat
and fixings that came with it or the Swedish dependant wife that
worked the counter. Yum.

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com

The SSPF Cafeteria at KSC makes a pretty damn good patty melt. Avoid the
O&C caferteria though. I think their grease dates back to the Apollo
missions!

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.

Old September 27th 03, 09:28 PM
miso

Well damn, though I doubt I could get on base to eat one. A local talk
show host did a thing on the best burgers, and a guy called up about
the C-5 burger. He described it as a full pound, which seems hard to
believe, but then again a C-5 is pretty big. I guess there must be a
AN124 burger that is the full pound.

"C Knowles" wrote in message om...
Back a few years, when there was a terminal cafeteria, there was indeed a
(1/2 lb?) C-5 burger. Also a smaller C-141 sandwich.
Unfortunately, the cafeteria is gone and with it the specialized burgers. I
believe the tiny AAFES snack bar that replaced it has just the standard
"hamburger."

Curt

"miso" wrote in message
om...
OK, is there such a thing as a "C-5" burger served at Travis AFB?

Old September 27th 03, 10:10 PM
James Hart

miso wrote:
Well damn, though I doubt I could get on base to eat one. A local talk
show host did a thing on the best burgers, and a guy called up about
the C-5 burger. He described it as a full pound, which seems hard to
believe, but then again a C-5 is pretty big. I guess there must be a
AN124 burger that is the full pound.

Ahh, the An-225 one and a half pounder complete with a plate of chips on
top.

--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk/

Old September 28th 03, 01:22 AM
miso

I've been to the Kirks in Palo Alto many years ago. I think it was on
California. I've also been to the one in Lost Altos about two years
ago.

Here you go from switchboard.com

Kirk's Steakburgers
361 N California Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94301-4105 Phone: (650) 326-6159

Kirk's Steakburgers Inc
Los Altos, CA 94022 Phone: (650) 917-8784

"Jim Knoyle" wrote in message ...
"C Knowles" wrote in message
news
Back a few years, when there was a terminal cafeteria, there was indeed a
(1/2 lb?) C-5 burger. Also a smaller C-141 sandwich.
Unfortunately, the cafeteria is gone and with it the specialized burgers.

believe the tiny AAFES snack bar that replaced it has just the standard
"hamburger."

Curt

om...

Old September 28th 03, 02:18 AM
C Knowles

As I remember the C-5 burger was also served on jacks.

"miso" wrote in message
om...
Well damn, though I doubt I could get on base to eat one. A local talk
show host did a thing on the best burgers, and a guy called up about
the C-5 burger. He described it as a full pound, which seems hard to
believe, but then again a C-5 is pretty big. I guess there must be a
AN124 burger that is the full pound.

"C Knowles" wrote in message

om...
Back a few years, when there was a terminal cafeteria, there was indeed

(1/2 lb?) C-5 burger. Also a smaller C-141 sandwich.
Unfortunately, the cafeteria is gone and with it the specialized

burgers. I
believe the tiny AAFES snack bar that replaced it has just the standard
"hamburger."

Curt

"miso" wrote in message
om...
OK, is there such a thing as a "C-5" burger served at Travis AFB?