A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

IGC-approval - Naviter Oudie-IGC GPS Flight Recorder

Old March 24th 14, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian Strachan
external usenet poster

Default IGC-approval - Naviter Oudie-IGC GPS Flight Recorder

I am pleased to announce IGC-approval for the Naviter Oudie-IGC GPS Flight Recorder for "all flights" including world records. The IGC-approval document may be downloaded from the FAI/IGC web site or the GFAC web site, see below. A table of all IGC-approved Flight Recorders can also be downloaded from these web sites which has links to the IGC-approval document for each type of Recorder.

There are now 46 different types of IGC-approved Flight Recorders from 18 different manufacturers.

If you own or fly with one of these types of IGC Flight Recorder, you are recommended to download its latest IGC-approval document from one of the web sites given below.

For the GFAC web site:

www.ukiws.demon.co.uk/GFAC

The table of all IGC-approved FRs with links to Approval Documents is at:

www.ukiws.demon.co.uk/GFAC/igc_approved_frs.pdf

This document contains:
(1) a table of all types of IGC-approved Flight Recorders in alphabetical order of manufacturer name, with links to their IGC-approval documents.
(2) a table of Manufacturers of IGC-approved Flight Recorders, in alphabetical order of manufacturer name.
(3) a list of all IGC-approval activity from 1996 to the present day.
(4) a history of IGC GNSS Flight Recording.

--------------------------

For the IGC web site:

http://www.fai.org/gnss-recording-de...ight-recorders

Scroll down to "IGC-Approved Flight Recorders - Approval Documents"
Then click on the box underneath the above heading which says:
"IGC-approval Documents for all IGC-approved Flight Recorders".

This will call up a list of documents, the first one being "IGC-approval tables" with links to individual Approval documents.

This is followed by IGC-approval documents in alphabetical order of manufacturer's name. Scroll down to the Recorder type and click on its name. The IGC-approval document will then download automatically to the directory that you have set for downloads, without being displayed on screen first.

-------------------------

IGC-approval follows test and evaluation by the IGC GNSS Flight Recorder Approval Committee (GFAC) in accordance with Annex B to the Sporting Code for gliding and the Technical Specification for IGC-approved GNSS Flight Recorders.

The Technical Specification is available through the igc-approved-flight-recorders web site above or directly from the GFAC web site:
http://www.ukiws.demon.co.uk/GFAC/do..._spec_gnss.pdf

The Sporting Code for gliding (SC3) and its annexes A-D may be downloaded via www.fai.org/igc-documents

------------------------

Ian Strachan
Chairman, IGC GNSS Flight Recorder Approval Committee

www.ukiws.demon.co.uk/GFAC
Old March 26th 14, 08:43 PM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Oct 2011

So if I have an Oudie-V7-Nano setup, is there any reason to keep to Nano anymore?
Old March 27th 14, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gianni Isotope
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:43:47 PM UTC-5, dbrunone wrote:
So if I have an Oudie-V7-Nano setup, is there any reason to keep to Nano

anymore?

Yes, the original Oudie and Oudie 2 do not have IGC-approved flight recorders -- only the latest product called "Oudie IGC".
Old March 4th 16, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]
external usenet poster

When is the last time the Oudie IGC has been updated (todays date 3/4/16)?

Seems like electronics are outdated after a year or two if not updated. Does the IGC have bluetooth? I could not find this, so is this something Naviter is considering or never will be in IGC? Seems like a lot of electronics have bluetooth.
Old March 4th 16, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Minot Moonshiners
external usenet poster

On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 7:36:23 AM UTC-5, Casey wrote:

Seems like electronics are outdated after a year or two if not updated. Does the IGC have bluetooth? I could not find this, so is this something Naviter is considering or never will be in IGC? Seems like a lot of electronics have bluetooth.

I believe it does have bluetooth, but admittedly, I have not tried it yet on mine.
Old March 4th 16, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 8:09:16 AM UTC-5, Minot Moonshiners wrote:
On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 7:36:23 AM UTC-5, Casey wrote:

I believe it does have bluetooth, but admittedly, I have not tried it yet on mine.

Yes it does appear to have bluetooth. Retailers do not have it listed but I found on Naviter site via support.