Genesis 2 Akaflieg polar

Old November 11th 16, 09:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Wedgwood[_2_]

Default Genesis 2 Akaflieg polar

Hi all,

I believe that this flight test was done, and a polar exists, but I can't get a hold of it. Maybe it's confidential.

If anyone can obtain it for me, I'd be very grateful

OXO, Condor Team
www.condorsoaring.com
Old November 12th 16, 09:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

The polars measured ny Idaflieg are never published.

However, you can obtain a paper copy by writing an email to vorstand at idaflieg dot de.

As they are a bunch of students busy with all sorts of things, don't expect an answer within the week.
Old November 12th 16, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 3:15:42 AM UTC-6, Tango Whisky wrote:
The polars measured ny Idaflieg are never published.

However, you can obtain a paper copy by writing an email to vorstand at idaflieg dot de.

As they are a bunch of students busy with all sorts of things, don't expect an answer within the week.

Far as I know they are asking for a modest fee for sending you the polar and want you to promise to not share the results.
Old November 12th 16, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I paid 10 euro administration fee.
Old November 12th 16, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Friday, November 11, 2016 at 2:56:07 AM UTC-7, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
Hi all,

I believe that this flight test was done, and a polar exists, but I can't get a hold of it. Maybe it's confidential.

If anyone can obtain it for me, I'd be very grateful

OXO, Condor Team
www.condorsoaring.com

I will be happy to share the polar from Richard Johnson's flight test evaluation of the Genesis.

Mike
Old November 12th 16, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Le samedi 12 novembre 2016 17:19:57 UTC+1, Mike C a écritÂ*:

I will be happy to share the polar from Richard Johnson's flight test evaluation of the Genesis.

Mike

That's not the same thing. At all.
Old November 12th 16, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Chris,
I flew a Genesis-2 for 10 years and will share my impressions. First off, as delivered, the design has a serious low end problem. It won't climb in a two knot thermal!
This problem can be fixed by re-shaping the first 18" of the root airfoil (and up the fuselage side, also). With this mod and an aft CG of 95% of allowable range, she won't out-climb anybody, but will stay with most. The high end is good and the faster you go, the better it gets! A national champion told me he couldn't stay with me at 90 knots in his LS-8 ( both wet @ 10#/sq foot). Handling is ok, but different than conventional birds. When rolling into a thermal, she won't pull in with normal back pressure. I finally figured out it needed more back pressure to make it enter a thermal, then get off the extra elevator input. Landing in a cross-wind presents a real problem. When your forward speed = the cross wind speed, she's going to turn into the wind and the pilot becomes a passenger! This happens near the end of the runway with enough energy to clear the runway, but when she turns into the wind, your only option is to get on the brake, but you end up on the runway! After several years of this, I managed my energy so that I rolled into the desired stopping area with 10 knots of extra speed, then jumped on the good hydraulic brake to stop where I wanted to (off the runway)
Hope this helps,
JJ
Old November 12th 16, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

On Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 9:10:07 AM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

I can attest to the climb of JJ's modified root section Genisis 2. We climbed together evenly with a smooth 2-4kt climb in my Discus 2A "WX". So, my impression is that it climbs comparable to anything in standard class... but probably runs a bit better at 90kts plus.

Walt Rogers WX
Old November 22nd 16, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Wedgwood[_2_]

On Friday, November 11, 2016 at 10:56:07 AM UTC+1, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
Hi all,

I believe that this flight test was done, and a polar exists, but I can't get a hold of it. Maybe it's confidential.

If anyone can obtain it for me, I'd be very grateful

OXO, Condor Team
www.condorsoaring.com

Thanks to all for your help !

Akaflieg Karlsruhe AK-X Jonathan St. Cloud Soaring 20 March 2nd 16 06:55 PM
The Genesis of ATC Larry Dighera Piloting 2 September 28th 07 03:57 PM
Genesis 2 George Dragicevic Soaring 1 May 26th 05 03:33 PM
FS Genesis....you out there? FaxCap Simulators 8 December 16th 03 06:41 AM
FS Genesis? Mr Zee Simulators 3 August 11th 03 07:55 PM