taper pins

Old September 10th 03, 02:36 PM
Ernest Christley

Default taper pins

What has happened to taper pins? I need two AN386-3-9A pins to tie a
universal joint to a one inch torque tube. AS&S says that I've got to
buy 5 at 17.50(USD) each.

Can anyone recommend a source that actually wants to sell them at a
reasonable price?

--
----Because I can----
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/

Old September 11th 03, 09:17 AM
Corrie

Ernest Christley wrote in message .com...
What has happened to taper pins? I need two AN386-3-9A pins to tie a
universal joint to a one inch torque tube. AS&S says that I've got to
buy 5 at 17.50(USD) each.

Can anyone recommend a source that actually wants to sell them at a
reasonable price?

Try ebay? This listing is for 4-27s, but who knows what will show up
next week? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=2431553 561
Old September 12th 03, 03:15 AM
Ryan Young

You might think about using standard taper pins, used in machinery. Several
local hardware stores around here stock them, in a variety of sizes. NOTE:
they use a different taper than the AN jabbados. And you'd have to figure
out how to retain them yourself.

But typically they run from .60 to mebbe 3 bucks each, depending on size.

For an experimental, of course.
--
Ryan R Young
Oakland, CA