Co-Pilot/Crew needed for Parowan Contest

Old June 15th 04, 06:26 AM
Michael I Green

Default Co-Pilot/Crew needed for Parowan Contest

Hi Guys & Gals,

It seems that I might be able to fly the Contest at Parowan Utah next
week. The contest runs from Sunday June 20 to Saturday June 26 with
Saturday June 19 a practice day. I know this is very short notice, but
I just found out last night that I had been moved from 74th on the list
to 58th and they are letting in 55 and there are rumors that there are
some others who may be dropping out.

My plan would be to leave for Parowan Thursday. Check the contest web
site at:
http://parowan.soaringweb.net/index.html

I will be flying Sports Class and my co-pilot/crew would be sitting in
the front seat of my Duo Discus. I need help cleaning and moving the
Duo around. If you are interested in learning what it is like to fly a
contest, or you are experienced and want to do some of the flying,
please get in touch with me ASAP.

I have a fairly comfortable Motor home and expenses would be split. I
have been flying contests since 1981 and usually place in the bottom of
the upper third. Got over 2,000 hours and lots of cross country. 2001
I won two regional Sports Class Contests and placed 15th out of 44 at
the Sports Class Nationals at Lubbock, TX. That was an unusual year.
The hot shots are a step above me. I just love to fly.

Mike

Michael I Green
117 Rheem Boulevard
Orinda, CA 94563
USA
PH: 1-925-254-0609
FAX: 1-925-253-8268
email:
_____

`-----------( )-----------'
'
mighty gorilla
Duo Discus N175DD
PW-5 N80MG

Old June 15th 04, 06:26 PM
Michael I Green

Never mind - I now have a surfeit of co-pilots/crew. Don't have an entry
slot yet.

Mike Green

Old June 16th 04, 04:42 AM
CO2ID

Geez,

How could anyone not turn down an offer like that?
Future reference, upon sufficient prior notice I can make myself available in
the furture should you need experienced pilot/crew. I live in Carson City, NV.
Just up the road from Minden.
Own home, own '55 C170B, used to won ASW20 and raced it back East.

It's been awhile since I have crewed but I have the drill down pat.

(775) 883-8495