Any LX1600 users out there?

Old June 14th 04, 05:49 PM
tango4

Default Any LX1600 users out there?

I am getting a little ticked off with the support for my LX1600 unit. Are
there any other LX1600 users out there that I can discuss some issues with?

Ian

Old June 15th 04, 03:07 AM
Ted Wagner

I'm not an LX1600 user, but I am an LX5000 user, and mine stopped working
two days ago, and it isn't that old (less than 5 years). I sent an e-mail to
Filser this morning, and the response I receive is going to determine
whether I stick with LXxxxx or switch to something else.

Stay tuned!!!

-Ted

Old June 15th 04, 07:03 AM
Bruce Greeff

tango4 wrote:

I am getting a little ticked off with the support for my LX1600 unit. Are
there any other LX1600 users out there that I can discuss some issues with?

Ian

Hi Ian - have you tried contacting LX direct. www.lxnavigation.si - always found
them very helpful.

Bruce
Old June 15th 04, 04:32 PM
G.A. Seguin

Bruce Greeff wrote in message ...
tango4 wrote:

I am getting a little ticked off with the support for my LX1600 unit. Are
there any other LX1600 users out there that I can discuss some issues with?

Ian

Hi Ian - have you tried contacting LX direct. www.lxnavigation.si - always found
them very helpful.

Bruce

Hi,

I had some questions for Filser on my LX5000 but was told to read the manual
wich I did not understand. LXnavigation was much more supportive and usefull.
Gilles
Old June 15th 04, 05:24 PM
Bert Willing

When I had a (minor) problem with my LX160s, I directly got in touch with
LXNavigation - very rapid and friendly people.

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

m...

Old June 15th 04, 06:53 PM
Greg Arnold

I had some questions for Filser on my LX5000 but was told to read the manual
wich I did not understand. LXnavigation was much more supportive and usefull.
Gilles

Can someone explain the relationship between Filser and LX? Who does
what? Does one of them design the instruments and the other build them?
Old June 17th 04, 07:47 AM
Bruce Greeff

Greg Arnold wrote:

I had some questions for Filser on my LX5000 but was told to read the
manual
wich I did not understand. LXnavigation was much more supportive and
usefull.
Gilles

Can someone explain the relationship between Filser and LX? Who does
what? Does one of them design the instruments and the other build them?

LX Designs and builds the LX range of instruments. Filser markets them, and
presumably gives the German support.

I think this may have been expedient when Slovenia was less than politically
acceptible.

My experiences lead me to believe that Filser are really not interested in the
world outside Germany. Apart from occasionally getting exasperated at my antics
with a LX20 that had its backup battery fail, LX support has been flawless.
Sometimes their language use is different enough to make one wonder, but their
actions have been exemplary.

One of their technical types even came past my house in South Africa when he was
visiting to fly in last years Nationals to sort out a firmware problem.
Old June 17th 04, 10:49 PM
Uros Podlogar

I have programed the interface for LX1600 and if you have any questions I
would try and answer them (the Email is on my web site www.flywithce.com).

Regards

Uros