RIP Roy Halladay

Old November 8th 17, 12:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Byker

Default RIP Roy Halladay

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/sport/...ash/index.html

That ICON reminds me of a Lake Amphibian.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	171107-halladay-plane-accident-index.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	96942  Click image for larger version

Name:	3-30-16-960-ICON.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	96943
Old November 8th 17, 01:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

In article , Byker says...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/sport/...ash/index.html

That ICON reminds me of a Lake Amphibian.

The fact that he died in an amphibious plane in water brings up a whole lot of
obvious aviation questions.

Upside down in 'shallow' water...did he try landing and hit something just under
the water?

*

Old November 8th 17, 01:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Byker

"Miloch" wrote in message news

The fact that he died in an amphibious plane in water brings up a whole
lot of obvious aviation questions.

Upside down in 'shallow' water...did he try landing and hit something just
under the water?

Or did he forget that he had the gear down?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBkzh0LKe5I

Old November 8th 17, 03:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

In article , Byker says...

"Miloch" wrote in message news

The fact that he died in an amphibious plane in water brings up a whole
lot of obvious aviation questions.

Upside down in 'shallow' water...did he try landing and hit something just
under the water?

Or did he forget that he had the gear down?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBkzh0LKe5I

Roy Halladay’s wife said she fought hard against retired baseball star buying
plane

more at
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3617692

Roy Halladay's wife Brandy said she fought hard to keep her husband from buying
the plane that would ultimately take his life.

"I didn't grow up with airplanes," Brandy Halladay said in a now haunting
YouTube video posted by ICON Aircraft last month, "or a comfort level like he
did in small airplanes."

Halladay, 40, was killed when the ICON A5 he was piloting crashed in the Gulf of
Mexico on Tuesday.

"She fought me the whole way," Halladay said standing next to his wife in front
of the airplane in the video. The video has since been removed.

"I fought hard," Brandy said of buying the plane. "I was very against it."

She said she finally got her husband's passion after taking a ride in the plane
during a training flight near St. Petersburg.

"I looked over (at Halladay) and said 'I get it, I get it' ... this is amazing."

*

Old November 8th 17, 12:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)[_2_]

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 18:14:32 -0600, "Byker" wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/sport/...ash/index.html

That ICON reminds me of a Lake Amphibian.

Another nail in ICON's coffin...
Old November 9th 17, 01:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

In article , not my real pseudonym
says...

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 18:14:32 -0600, "Byker" wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/sport/...ash/index.html

That ICON reminds me of a Lake Amphibian.

Another nail in ICON's coffin...

https://www.tmz.com/2017/11/08/roy-h...te_spinmed ia

Roy Halladay...Plane Crash Video...Witnesses Say He Was Showboating

Roy Halladay appeared to be hot doggin' it in his plane in the moments before
his crash -- making extreme and unusual changes in altitude ... this according
to multiple witnesses.

TMZ Sports has obtained footage shot by boaters who say the ex-MLB star's plane
was going from 100 feet in the air down to 5 feet and then back up again ...
repeatedly.

The boaters were so shocked by the flying pattern, they pulled out their cell
phones to capture the bizarre dips and rises.

Moments later, the plane crashed into the Gulf of Mexico -- and the boat full of
witnesses raced over to the crash scene to see if they could help. Once they
arrived, it was clear the pilot was dead.

The responders called 911 and waited for help to arrive.

We spoke with other boaters in the area who told a similar story --
"dramatically increasing and decreasing in elevation."

Another witness says, "He was flying like that all week. Aggressively."

The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has launched an investigation
into the crash.

Halladay was 40 years old.

*