51.2 Hours Cross Country PIC,

Old June 30th 04, 01:56 AM
NW_PILOT

Default 51.2 Hours Cross Country PIC,

Well today's flight to the KDLS Put me Over 50 hours X-C You can view my
Excel Log of the times http://www.warflying.net/xc I can now relax abit I
worked hard on the 50 Hours PIC X-C.

Thursday if my instructor can get in to Portland I will be getting my
instrument written sign off and then I will be getting the instrument
written out of the way also.

Now I am going to work on my solo time of 5 Hours of night and a 300NM X-C I
think I will take a week to plan it out I know it needs to be 300NM strait
line of 250NM with 3 stops. Can we count the return trip as part of the
300NM trip. The wife and kid are going to be bummed out because they like
flying with me and they will not get to go but that means no one to have a
conversation with also: (

Old June 30th 04, 02:16 AM
Teacherjh

I know it needs to be 300NM strait
line of 250NM with 3 stops. Can we count the return trip as part of the
300NM trip.

Yes. Nothing says that it can't be round robin. The 250NM straight line
distance ensures sufficient cross countryishness.

Jose

Old June 30th 04, 02:31 AM
BTIZ

If you are working on your instrument rating... I do not know where the
300nm XC comes in..

But.. the 250nm X-C is "instrument training on cross country flight
procedures specific to airplanes that includes at least one cross country
flight in an airplane that is performed under IFR and consists of (A) a
distance of at least 250nm along airways or ATC routings (B) an instrument
approach at each airport (C) Three different kinds of approaches with use of
the navigation systems. (FAR61.65(d)((iii))

To me that means you bring your CFII and sign it off as dual received or it
don't count.. and you need to fly it under IFR rules (with an ATC
clearance?) and under the hood or in actual IFR conditions and it can be a
250nm round robin with the 3rd approach being back at home airport. The
Family can come along and sit in the back and watch you suffer if they
want.. but you can always chit chat with the CFII if they chose not to join
you.

I think you are confusing the Commercial requirement under
FAR61.129(a)(4)(i) which describes a SOLO cross country flight requirement
of at least 300nm with the farthest airport being a straight line distance
from departure of at least 250nm. And in that case.. SOLO means no family.

glad to see your making progress
BT

Old June 30th 04, 02:48 AM
NW_PILOT

No, I am talking about the commercial requirement 300NM trip. I am just
trying to get all the requirements that I can do on my own done now while
the weather is nice.

Old June 30th 04, 03:18 AM
BTIZ

ok... you had me cornfuzzled.. because you were talking about taking the
instrument written and had just completed the 50hrs x-c PIC time required
for the instrument rating... changing in mid stream/sentence..

BT

news

Old July 2nd 04, 06:17 AM
NW_PILOT

Well here goes another delay no instrument written sign off today, what a
bummer I guess I will have to wait another week or so for my instructor to
get back in town : (

"BTIZ" wrote in message
ok... you had me cornfuzzled.. because you were talking about taking the
instrument written and had just completed the 50hrs x-c PIC time required
for the instrument rating... changing in mid stream/sentence..

BT

news

Old July 3rd 04, 03:02 AM
BTIZ

if you had used the GLIEM CD for test prep... it prints out the "Sign off"
when you have correctly answered all the questions in the test data bank..

I used that for my Commercial.. Instrument and CFI FOI

BT

"BTIZ" wrote in message
ok... you had me cornfuzzled.. because you were talking about taking the
instrument written and had just completed the 50hrs x-c PIC time

required
for the instrument rating... changing in mid stream/sentence..

BT

news