ADIZ N-number requirement

Old November 5th 05, 10:04 PM
Matt

Default ADIZ N-number requirement

§ 45.29 Size of marks.

(h) After March 7, 1988, each operator of an aircraft penetrating an ADIZ or
DEWIZ shall display on that aircraft temporary or permanent nationality and
registration marks at least 12 inches high.

Interestingly, my 1979 152's N-number is 3 inches high. Now where did I put
those "temporary registration marks"?

Old November 6th 05, 06:49 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
B A R R Y wrote:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 01:37:09 GMT, "Michael Ware"
wrote:

Gaffers tape, or black shoe polish in the dispenser bottle with the sponge
applicator.

If the pilot cares about the looks of the plane, 12" self-stick
numbers can be had he

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/cs/letteringvinyl.html

If the plane has a long number, a local sign painter might provide
custom cut vinyl, complete with an alignment backing, for less. Check
the local Yellow Pages.

What I am wondering is if the 18" numbers on the wing of my classic
"qualify" or do the numbers have to be on the fuselage or vertical fin?
Old November 6th 05, 09:24 PM
BTIZ

don't leave the country and don't got to DC
just leave the 3in numbers alone..

BT

Old November 7th 05, 01:51 AM
joe

The 3 inch "N" numbers are not required to fly in the ADIZ in DC.
When it first came out we all asked this same question. I suspect that
is one of the reasons why they are changing the name to sfra (special
flight rules area) in the NPRM.

Joe

Old November 7th 05, 01:53 AM
joe

The 12 inch "N" numbers are not required to fly in the ADIZ in DC.

Old November 8th 05, 07:20 PM
Robert M. Gary

Most people use tape. Its pretty common for those that fly into Mexico
to put temporary N numbers on for just that reason.