Glider exam prep software?

Old April 23rd 09, 04:55 PM
tienshanman tienshanman is offline
Member

Default Glider exam prep software?

I need some advice for finding good online material I can download/buy to study/practice for the FAA Written Knowledge Test and for the Check Ride Oral & Flight Tests. I am overseas and really can’t get books sent to me. I’ve scoured the web. I’ve looked at “Dauntless-soft.com” for instance. If anyone has any good advice I’d appreciate it. I need some concise, effective software in a hurry! I’m coming back to the US sooner than expected for an extended visit. While home in TX I will get a bit more practical instruction to round out the instruction I’ve had overseas and I hope to complete the tests. Thanks.
Old April 23rd 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

--
tienshanman

Two google searches got me these:

Practice Tests He http://www.exams4pilots.org/
Practical Test Standards - Glider: http://flighttraining.aopa.org/libra...-s-8081-22.pdf
(might be out of date though)
Old April 23rd 09, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

webexams.com
(but a few of the answers are incorrect. if you take enough of the
tests from this place and others, you'll recognize which ones will be
defunct when you get scored)
Definitely get an ASA book. they at least double check their answers.
Britton
Old April 23rd 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

wrote:
[...]

Pilot PTS are in PDF here
http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/...andards/pilot/
Old April 24th 09, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Tienshanman:

You've got good answers here, so I won't add any more to your request
for study guides. I've been meaning to write you for the past month
or so, though, but can't find your email address. Can you send it to
me? Thanks. Fred
Old April 24th 09, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soarpilot

On Apr 23, 11:55*am, tienshanman tienshanman.
wrote:
I need some advice for finding good online material I can download/buy
to study/practice for the FAA Written Knowledge Test and for the Check
Ride Oral & Flight Tests. I am overseas and really can’t get books sent
to me. I’ve scoured the web. I’ve looked at “Dauntless-soft.com” for
instance. If anyone has any good advice I’d appreciate it. I need some
concise, effective software in a hurry! I’m coming back to the US
sooner than expected for an extended visit. While home in TX I will get
a bit more practical instruction to round out the instruction I’ve had
overseas and I hope to complete the tests. Thanks.

--
tienshanman

I used software that was absoultely wonderful. It allowed you to
master the many areas and to only spot check those you are working on
rather than the entire shooting match so to speak - so it preseents
and tests to filters you put in, and you can bias the questions. It
has the entire FAA bank of questions in it so it is thorough and the
graphics and FAR/AIM references are superb. Use this link:
http://www.dauntless-soft.com/PRODUC...FQJN5QodGyKmFQ

Old April 24th 09, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

wrote:
[...]

Pilot PTS are in PDF herehttp://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/airmen/test_standards/pilot/

This is not specifically what you've requested, but a good resource.

http://soaringsafety.org/dl/bbstudyguide.html

Frank Whiteley
Old April 26th 09, 04:53 AM
tienshanman tienshanman is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarpilot View Post
wrote:
[...]

Thanks a lot; I downloaded this and it seems like it will do the trick.