Mfd

Old September 4th 05, 12:30 AM
kristoffer-m20j kristoffer-m20j is offline
Junior Member

Default Mfd

Disclaimer: This is my first post. I have searched for a answer to the following question with no luck, so if it has been covered I am sorry.

I just purchased a mooney m20j with a garmin 430. I tend to fly single pilot IFR. I would like to ad some sort of MFD with charts & approach plate overlays etc. Because of the expense of my new purchase my funds are limited at best. What are good options ie. installed unit or portable pads etc.

Thanks for your input!!
Old September 4th 05, 10:39 AM
Dan Luke

"kristoffer-m20j" wrote:

Disclaimer: This is my first post.

Welcome! Tell us more about the Mooney.

I just purchased a mooney m20j with a garmin 430. I tend to fly single
pilot IFR. I would like to ad some sort of MFD with charts & approach
plate overlays etc. Because of the expense of my new purchase my funds
are limited at best. What are good options ie. installed unit or
portable pads etc.

Your options for a certified (installed) unit all cost A Whole Lot Of
Money.

Here's a tablet pc option:

http://www.navaero.com/

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old September 4th 05, 10:02 PM
kristoffer-m20j kristoffer-m20j is offline
Junior Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Luke
Welcome! Tell us more about the Mooney.
[color=blue][i]Dan
C172RG at BFM
It is a 1993 M20J MSE 40th Anniversary edition (I think that means it came with all of the options). It has 950 TT with tan leather interior. Garmin 430, KLN 90 GPS (2nd), autopilot, storm scope etc..

I'm making a little website for my friends & family. When it is up I'll have picts etc..

It is my first airplane so I am walking on clouds right now
Old September 4th 05, 11:25 PM
Doof

"kristoffer-m20j" wrote in
message ...

Disclaimer: This is my first post. I have searched for a answer to the
following question with no luck, so if it has been covered I am sorry.

I just purchased a mooney m20j with a garmin 430. I tend to fly single
pilot IFR. I would like to ad some sort of MFD with charts & approach
plate overlays etc. Because of the expense of my new purchase my funds
are limited at best. What are good options ie. installed unit or
portable pads etc.

Take a gander at this one:
http://www.avidyne.com/ex500/default.shtm

Old September 5th 05, 02:43 PM
Jon Kraus

Congratulations on your new bird. I have a '79 "J" and love it!! Are you
a member of the Mooney email list? If not you should be. Go to
aviating.com, click on "Mooney" and sign up. They will have an answer
for you. You can email me privately if you have further questions.

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ TYQ

Old September 5th 05, 10:15 PM
Victor J. Osborne, Jr.

I too have the TPad from navaero. Some complaints but the unit does provide
a Windows XP Pro computer to which you can add terrain, traffic, weather and
just about anything else.

Can you wait for & get to the AOPA convention in Tampa in Nov? I made my
decision at AOPA because I could look and see.

Are you near East TN?

Thx, {|;-)

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

Here's a tablet pc option:

http://www.navaero.com/

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old September 12th 05, 02:45 AM
kristoffer-m20j kristoffer-m20j is offline
Junior Member

Thanks!

Yes I am a member of the Mooney email list. I haven't asked there yet. Living in Florida I am planning on attending the AOPA convention in Tampa. After seeing all of the different options first hand I will then ask the Mooney group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kraus
Congratulations on your new bird. I have a '79 "J" and love it!! Are you
a member of the Mooney email list? If not you should be. Go to
aviating.com, click on "Mooney" and sign up. They will have an answer
for you. You can email me privately if you have further questions.

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ TYQ
[/i][/color]