Cluster - which members get tacked first?

Old March 31st 09, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jerry wass

Default Cluster - which members get tacked first?

Michael Horowitz wrote:
Following StealthPilot's lead, I've posted a picture of a cluster to
rec.aviation.binaries, Subject: Cluster - in what order are the
members tacked in place?

If you had to build this cluster, which order would you tack the
vertical member in place? Would all members touch the longeron?
When you get past three members, how do you shape them to allow more
members in?- Mike

Michael---visualize a centerline for each member---the centerlines of
all members should intersect at a point in the center of the longeron. Jerry
Old March 31st 09, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Logajan

Michael Horowitz wrote:
Following StealthPilot's lead, I've posted a picture of a cluster to
rec.aviation.binaries, Subject: Cluster - in what order are the
members tacked in place?

Just FYI to others, it has this message ID (some newsreaders may even have
parsing smarts enough so that one can simply click on the ID and the post
will be called up):

Old March 31st 09, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Michael Horowitz

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 00:04:33 GMT, Jerry Wass
wrote:

Michael Horowitz wrote:
Following StealthPilot's lead, I've posted a picture of a cluster to
rec.aviation.binaries, Subject: Cluster - in what order are the
members tacked in place?

If you had to build this cluster, which order would you tack the
vertical member in place? Would all members touch the longeron?
When you get past three members, how do you shape them to allow more
members in?- Mike

Michael---visualize a centerline for each member---the centerlines of
all members should intersect at a point in the center of the longeron. Jerry

Exactly - my concern is how to get the optimal amount of contact for
each member on the longeron. I think the order the members are tacked
down will be important - Mike

Old March 31st 09, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Michael Horowitz

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 18:13:43 -0400, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea
Hawk @See My Sig.com wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
On Mar 29, 10:52 pm, Ron Wanttaja wrote:
Perhaps it's actually alt.binaries.pictures.aviation?

Ron Wanttaja

That is correct; thanks Ron

Wow, that is some serious rust... Was it flying like that?

(Sorry I can't help you with your original question)

I think so; it had been sitting three years before I got there; that's
the problem with not having to recover every 5 years; rust goes
undiscovered - Mike

Old April 1st 09, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Michael Horowitz

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:37:16 -0500, Jim Logajan
wrote:

Michael Horowitz wrote:
Following StealthPilot's lead, I've posted a picture of a cluster to
rec.aviation.binaries, Subject: Cluster - in what order are the
members tacked in place?

Just FYI to others, it has this message ID (some newsreaders may even have
parsing smarts enough so that one can simply click on the ID and the post
will be called up):

Thanks JIm - it also helps when I get the correct Newsgroup;
alt.binaries.pictures.aviation. - MIke