Winscore Test Contest

Old November 12th 16, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Winscore Test Contest

Can't believe more people didn't sign up for the Winscore Test Contest? Too late now, it's over.
Glen
Old November 13th 16, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Reported to be a great success.
UH
Old November 15th 16, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Can't believe more people didn't sign up for the Winscore Test Contest?

Still plenty of time...

I created that contest to improve the data flow and handicap processing from what was entered by contestants on the SSA site, then downloaded and processed by Winscore.

Numerous improvments and enhancements are planned for Winscore in 2017. Autoscoring, task libraries, best scoring start are already in the Beta version.

Guy Byars
Old November 16th 16, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 12:42:28 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Can't believe more people didn't sign up for the Winscore Test Contest? Too late now, it's over.
Glen

Sorry, did not see a link or posting on this Test.

Over 40 Task Days scored in 2016 at SCOH using Winscore, so would like to help out as needed.

Tony Smolder
TS1
Old November 16th 16, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 10:43:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 12:42:28 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Can't believe more people didn't sign up for the Winscore Test Contest? Too late now, it's over.
Glen

Sorry, did not see a link or posting on this Test.

Over 40 Task Days scored in 2016 at SCOH using Winscore, so would like to help out as needed.

Tony Smolder
TS1

Jump in- GFB is looking for help in testing.
Thank you
UH
Old November 21st 16, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 10:43:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
would like to help out as needed.

Winscore 2017 Beta 4 is available for download, feel free to give it a try. Send me an email for instructions on new features.
Old November 30th 16, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Don't know the details (I also did not see anything about this test) but I like what I'm reading. This can be a great way to help GFB improve the product, which is good for him and for all of us who fly and work in contests.

Chip Bearden
"JB"
Old December 3rd 16, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 6:21:27 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Don't know the details (I also did not see anything about this test) but I like what I'm reading. This can be a great way to help GFB improve the product, which is good for him and for all of us who fly and work in contests..
Chip Bearden
"JB"

Guy put a lot of work into the latest version of Winscore, In Beta 6 that is now available he even added a calculation of the Max and Min possible speed that is available with the task, I think this will really help CDs judge if they have right sized the task for the day. I hope this leads to better tasking. I have played with it and I it helps me see that the TAT turn areas can be smaller and still allow the range of speed needed. [Smaller areas mean pilots fly closer to the same task which most pilots think is competitive]. Yes I have done the math by hand before, but when you are in a rush as often happens this is really helpful.

The Task library helps you reuse previous tasks, and then edit them. Also you can build a list of tasks for a site, then choose which one is best for that day's weather. I think this will be a huge time saver and lead to better tasking. You can sort the list of tasks in the library by the various columns such as min, max or nominal distance, time etc

from his blog:

2017 Beta 3-5:

· Added library of tasks

· Changed contest file format to .wscx (xml based), and discontinued the .wsc format.

· Moved registry settings from the system registry to the contest file..

· Autoscore capability (email download, analysis, send to SSA)

· Added Copy and Save_As options when viewing a task or flight.

2017 Beta 2:

· Warning resolution panel, one click to apply penalties.

· Autoscore capability (email download, analysis, send to SSA)

· Multiple Log processing (selects the best scoring)

· Image “Copy” command in task/flight display menu.

· Implemented new algorithm for Best Start selection. Best scoring start is now easily accomplished. (Two Steps)

· Program checks for updated handicap list on www.ssa.org and prompts the scorer to download and install.

· New handicap summary report is generated.

· Handicap value computation was refined during contestant download from www.ssa.org.

Chris

2011 WINSCORE Ron Gleason Soaring 9 April 21st 11 03:11 AM
WinScore help Spam Soaring 2 September 6th 09 04:00 PM
How to add an IGC validation DLL to Winscore ? Dave Nadler Soaring 1 June 18th 09 07:22 PM
WinScore Question Ray Lovinggood Soaring 2 June 5th 07 03:15 PM
Winscore source code now available Guy Byars Soaring 0 February 5th 04 10:43 AM