Becker AR4201 wiring.

Old November 23rd 16, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ed Hollestelle[_2_]

Default Becker AR4201 wiring.

There must be lots of people out there that wired an AR 4201 successfully.
I just re-wired mine after purchasing the glider and it turns on and receives, but I cannot transmit.
Here are my pin connections:
1 and 14 SPKR
2 and 3 HEADSET (not yet checked)
5 to Red and 6 to blue DYN boom mike (with shield also to 6)
11 and 12 connected and Power POS
13 and 25 connected and GND
17 and 25 PTT
Ed.

Old November 23rd 16, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 5:49:32 PM UTC-7, Ed Hollestelle wrote:
There must be lots of people out there that wired an AR 4201 successfully..
I just re-wired mine after purchasing the glider and it turns on and receives, but I cannot transmit.
Here are my pin connections:
1 and 14 SPKR
2 and 3 HEADSET (not yet checked)
5 to Red and 6 to blue DYN boom mike (with shield also to 6)
11 and 12 connected and Power POS
13 and 25 connected and GND
17 and 25 PTT
Ed.

Check the software settings. I just put a Becker 6201 in and had similar problems when I remembered what the seller said about setting software for the speaker. There was also setting for the mike input. I suspect that the 4201 has similar software settings. Good luck
Old November 24th 16, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Check PTT ground to 25.
JJ
Old December 2nd 16, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 1:49:32 PM UTC+13, Ed Hollestelle wrote:
There must be lots of people out there that wired an AR 4201 successfully.
I just re-wired mine after purchasing the glider and it turns on and receives, but I cannot transmit.
Here are my pin connections:
1 and 14 SPKR
2 and 3 HEADSET (not yet checked)
5 to Red and 6 to blue DYN boom mike (with shield also to 6)
11 and 12 connected and Power POS
13 and 25 connected and GND
17 and 25 PTT
Ed.

Check that the radio is set up correctly for the type of microphone (electret or dynamic) - I have the AR3201 and had a similar problem - I think it is a jumper connection inside the case to convert between the two.
Old December 5th 16, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Bojack J4

Did you fix it, ED? What was the solution?

J4

Becker AR4201 hookup... [email protected] Soaring 0 June 20th 15 06:12 PM
Becker AR4201 Robin Birch[_2_] Soaring 0 April 21st 14 06:22 PM
Becker AR4201 Robin Birch[_2_] Soaring 0 April 21st 14 05:11 PM
BECKER AR4201 guts Soaring 1 April 23rd 12 08:50 PM
VHF Becker AR4201 Philippe Home Built 2 July 9th 04 08:30 PM