Looking for Advice..

Old July 1st 09, 02:01 AM
majortom546 majortom546 is offline
Junior Member

Ive been giving it some thought and talking to people and I think I will consider going in to the air national guard. Anyone have any experience with this? And how could I become a pilot in the national guard? Thanks
Old December 31st 13, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Looking for Advice..

On Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:38:46 PM UTC-7, majortom546 wrote:
I just graduated from high school and my dream job is to become a pilot.
I have wanted to be a pilot since a very young age. I plan on attending
my local community college this fall. They offer an aviation science
program that is mainly a transfer program where you go for 2 years then
transfer to a 4-year school for the other two. The course description
says:

The Associate in Science (A.S.) degree is awarded upon completion of
requirements for this program.

* Student will satisfy all requirements to earn a Private Pilot
License.
* Student will satisfy all requirements to earn an Instrument Rating.
* Student will satisfy all requirements to earn a Commercial Pilot
License.

The total cost of the program is $27,000. What schools could I transfer
to after this? And do you guys think its worth it or should I persue a
degree in something else? What is the job outlook like? Thanks.

--
majortom546

Well Tom becoming a theif is not a way to start by stealing peoples money. So next time you do it make sure you don't use your real name.

Docdose411

Need advice [email protected] Piloting 22 July 28th 07 07:52 PM
Again, GPS advice... [email protected] Piloting 16 February 7th 07 05:39 AM
Advice on PPL Crash Lander Piloting 14 July 20th 06 12:49 PM
help/advice please Billy Who? Piloting 0 January 14th 04 11:16 PM
Advice Brad Piloting 9 October 28th 03 02:54 PM