Flying School!!!

Old March 13th 07, 09:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Conscious Pilate

Default Flying School!!!

G'day All,

from a friend - no comment needed!!!

see ya

Conscious Pilate

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PerfectSign.jpg (170.2 KB, 52 views)
Old March 13th 07, 09:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Conscious Pilate wrote:
G'day All,

from a friend - no comment needed!!!

see ya

Conscious Pilate

Uh, more rudder boy, more rudder!
Not not THAT way, the other way.

At least that tree trunk nailed the wing root and not the driver's seat.

Good picture!

Cheers,

Dave

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4720.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	8085
Old March 14th 07, 01:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew[_3_]

Was that accident or hurricane?

andy

Old March 14th 07, 03:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
unstable

Andrew wrote in
:

wrote:

G'day All,

from a friend - no comment needed!!!

see ya

Conscious Pilate

saw this before. apparently the pilot was attempting an emergency landing
at night just short of the airport on a road. car came up the road and the
pilot went over to avoid the car. he hit the tree and walked away. from the
report I saw he got more injuries climbing out of the tree then from the
impact
Old March 14th 07, 07:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Netko

Default Flying School!!! - crash_2_op_800x601.jpg (1/1) [132K]

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 3:21:12 +0000, unstable wrote
(in message ):

saw this before. apparently the pilot was attempting an emergency landing
at night just short of the airport on a road. car came up the road and the
pilot went over to avoid the car. he hit the tree and walked away. from the
report I saw he got more injuries climbing out of the tree then from the
impact

The probable cause of loss of power was carburettor icing:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/GenPDF.asp?...07CA035&rpt=fa

Apparently the picture has been photoshopped but for dramatic/comic
effect rather than to tell a downright lie. The attached picture
comes from the web site of the airport involved which also has the
full story (near the bottom of the page):

http://www.meadowlakeairport.com/INDEX2.html

--

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crash_2_op_800x601.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	8110
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crash_2_op_800x601.jpg (181.0 KB, 47 views)
Old March 15th 07, 12:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:

Conscious Pilate wrote:

G'day All,

from a friend - no comment needed!!!

see ya

Conscious Pilate

Uh, more rudder boy, more rudder!
Not not THAT way, the other way.

At least that tree trunk nailed the wing root and not the driver's seat.

Good picture!

Cheers,

Dave

Where did you get the poster Dave?

JT

Old March 15th 07, 03:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Steve Vernon

"Netko" wrote in message
x.com...
[...]

Doesn't look 'shopped to me. Looks like the picture was taken from the other
side of the (2-sided) sign!

Steve (I'm not a pilot, but I have taken pictures before) Vernon