Vicinity Flight Filing Service

Old May 12th 05, 04:12 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Default Vicinity Flight Filing Service

abripl wrote:

I am just in last few hours of flight testing. Most of the time I spend
within 30 miles of my airport. My wife keeps a loose tab of where I am
but sometimes she is away. I wished there was a service where I can
just tell someone I'll be up for an hour or so and if not back look for
me - especially in this rural area where hardly anybody would notice if
a plane went down. How do others handle this?
SQ2000 canard: http://www.abri.com/sq2000

SMS Text Messaging on cellphones, email, voicemail, an answering machine
with remote access... Flight following and Flight Service are air to
ground and ground to air contacts... Post-It-Notes...
Old May 12th 05, 04:49 PM
Toks Desalu

What's wrong with filing a flight plan?
Toks Desalu

oups.com...

Old May 12th 05, 07:33 PM
abripl

What's wrong with filing a flight plan?
Toks Desalu .

Just for buzzing around the airport vicinity?

Old May 12th 05, 11:53 PM
Luke Scharf

abripl wrote:
I am just in last few hours of flight testing. Most of the time I spend
within 30 miles of my airport. My wife keeps a loose tab of where I am
but sometimes she is away. I wished there was a service where I can
just tell someone I'll be up for an hour or so and if not back look for
me - especially in this rural area where hardly anybody would notice if
a plane went down. How do others handle this?

Uh, I thought that was what the Flight Service Station and the
flight-plan system was for. If you just call for a weather briefing,
they'll ask you for your tail number and a rough idea of what you're
doing -- just in case.

Your tax tollars at work! (Provided you're in the US, anyway).

-Luke